Wet room zones

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just plug it in outside the room?

I refused to fit a socket at the foot of a bath for a washing machine once.  A while later I had to go back to the same house. The WM was at the foot of the bath, they had drilled a hole through the wall, passed the flex through and plugged it in, in an adjacent room.

I think he's on about one of those wall mounted jobs, a bit like a hand dryer but with a hose on it that the warm air comes out of.

I think he's on about one of those wall mounted jobs, a bit like a hand dryer but with a hose on it that the warm air comes out of.

You're right Phil, it's something like this that they're after 

114_1.png

Just thinking, is there an option to mount the hairdryer remotely / in a box or the like?

That might be an option worth considering,  cheers for that 

GN7 says this...

1.4 Zones

Zones 0, 1 and 2 provide a very practical method of specifying requirements for the protection of equipment against the ingress of water and protection against electric shock, etc. in a specific and unambiguous way. Equipment is either in a zone or outside a zone and this can be determined by measurement. 

►  Figures 1.1a, b and g show the zones in relation to a bath tub.

►  Figures 1.1c, d and h show the zones in relation to a shower.

►  Figures 1.1e and f show the zones in relation to a shower without a basin from a fixed water outlet (shower head). Demountable shower heads are not considered and therefore do not alter the extent of the zone.

Figure 1.1e Zones for a shower, without basin is attached

IMG_1403.PNG

GN7 says this...

1.4 Zones

Zones 0, 1 and 2 provide a very practical method of specifying requirements for the protection of equipment against the ingress of water and protection against electric shock, etc. in a specific and unambiguous way. Equipment is either in a zone or outside a zone and this can be determined by measurement. 

►  Figures 1.1a, b and g show the zones in relation to a bath tub.

►  Figures 1.1c, d and h show the zones in relation to a shower.

►  Figures 1.1e and f show the zones in relation to a shower without a basin from a fixed water outlet (shower head). Demountable shower heads are not considered and therefore do not alter the extent of the zone.

Figure 1.1e Zones for a shower, without basin is attached

View attachment 8117

Thanks for that Sidey, that's well and truly cleared up my confusion of the whole matter