what programmer to use for immersion?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Been asked to install some type of programmer for water immersion heater. The landlord is pee,d off with the tennants leaving the immersion permantly on so he wants it to go on and off at set times. Not sure what programmer to install so any suggestions will be a massive help, cheaper the better though :D

They're all the same, just find the cheapest one. Prices will vary from online to wholesalers and from wholesalers to wholesalers etc....

They're all the same, just find the cheapest one. Prices will vary from online to wholesalers and from wholesalers to wholesalers etc....
I can see what you mean, all ranging from

Yep I considered that lolJust wanted to know what ones are best at the lower end of the price range (landlord is tight beyond belief)!

Spotted this one.......It will do the job but are there any cheaper out there?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HO425C.html?utm_source=froogle
not sure if that one will do it for you,

check the load switchable,

we actually fit that particular model for boilers, is it not something like 6a load?

you need something to switch 16a or so really to be on the safe side.

you can get little simple analogue ones for about a tenner I think.

check the load switchable,we actually fit that particular model for boilers, is it not something like 6a load?
Not clicked the link then?

I'v used one similar to the screwfix one only with a more basic operation (not digital) and less than

Not clicked the link then?
I did, thats how I knew they were the ones we fit for boiler controls.

in all honesty Ive always understood to allow 16a for immersion heater.

what size MCB are you protecting it with? 10a or less?

otherwise they equipment is not suitable for fitting to the circuit,

Ive not yet seen a 13a MCB.

you cannot protect this timer with a 16a MCB as it is only suitable for handling 13a.