What's This ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikep

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My stepson ripped this out of a house the other day, made of bakelite by siemens with live neutral in and out with an earth terminal, a solenoid wired across live and earth which disconnects the L/N , think it might disconnect when supply fails and will only connect with a manual reset.

Anyone got any idea's

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

There was no external controls for it just tails in tails out and earth connection, as I said solenoid wired between Live and earth which is attached to the L/N contacts, fairly beefy made Rated 500 volts 100amps

I think I'll get it back off him and look at it a bit more to try and understand what it does.

Yeah, looks like the old TT up front devices. 100 milli amp if I remember correctly... sorry, what was the question again?  ROTFWL

A Scotsman putting money on something, he MUST be  correct  ;
It is my understanding that Prodave is an adopted Scotsman, having moved up there from somewhere down south. So he is not a true Scotsman through and through. This may explain his willingness to risk a gamble with his money? I apologies if I am incorrect.

Doc H.