when you can't self certify?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
I just turned down some work offered as I can't self certify and although simple work its in a special location and I want to keep everything legit (groan from wallet!). Got me thinking though, if someone starts out on their own after doing say level 3 2330 and 2392 i&t they cannot self certify until a member of NIC, NAPIT or partP. To gain membership of NIC for example, they assess your work, but how are you working if you cant self certify, surely you can't incure the call out cost of BO each time.

If your thinking of joining a scam do the work and use that job as your assessment and then certify it that's what I've just done just make sure bonding etc is in place

or, simply do some work that either

A - doesnt need notifying

B - is already under BC notification, ie, a new build

and use those as your assessment jobs.

I am not looking for independent work, I just wondered how people got work without being able to self certify and I didnt realise that a none notifiable job would be acceptable for a scam assessment

depends on the scam, but for nic eic domestic installer, one minor job non notifiable and one major job which would need to be notified

Or just do what most blokes do........ just work away , don't bother about notifying , just avoid jobs under Building Control.

Then if you decide to join a scam , pick a local job with access for assessment. Don't mention all the others.