Where Can I Buy Engraved Dp Isolator Switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fussy customer, kitchen alterations.

I need three 20A (or more) DP isolating switches.

One engraved "Oven"

One engraved "Fridge / Freezer"

One engraved "Microwave oven"

She already has two, engraved dishwasher and washing machine. Those look to be crabree or a very similar style engraved with red lettering

Thanks, that's the ones.

Now I just want to find somewhere on line to order them.  The trouble with wholesalers is the nearest is a 50 mile round trip in this part of the world and it becomes too much hassle, so would prefer to find an on line stockist.

The 4827/xx are the 13A FCU...

BUT..

the 4015/xx are the 20A DP switches...

hence post#2

standard crabtree part nos with suffix..xxxx/OV = oven

xxxx/FF = fridge freezer

xxxx/MW = microwave

PD..

got a feeling some of these will need to be special order from wholsalers..

Wilts list the FF switches as standard stock...    but they have zero stock ATM.

(you can order online if got an account)

but they don't have the others listed! 

IIRC TLC & Screwfix have the common water heater ones..

but not the ones you want!

Neweys have a few with 'Night Immersion', 'Storage Heater' & 'Boost'..

http://www.neweysonline.co.uk/4015/q01.r10.1/Search.raction

But not yours!!

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you not just buy the accessories your self online and go to a engraving shop most key cutting shops do it

Had to do it a few times working in London may take them a day or so pass the expenses on to the client

my local edmunsons engraves things themselves.  im sure they would even post them to you!

my local eddys do them bespoke for me, I think its something like a fiver extra for each one, the problem is that if you dont get them all together sometimes the lettering is a slightly different size.

Good old eBay! On the assumption your customer's a Jock then surely they'll forgo red lettering for CHEAP prices:
Microwave:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crabtree-4015-20a-DP-Isolator-Switch-Microwave-/160612035795?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item2565392cd3

Fridge Freezer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crabtree-4015-20a-DP-Isolator-Switch-Fridge-Freezer-/160612040150?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D160612035795%26ps%3D54

As for the Oven then a standard single gang red 45A jobbie?

(Or just fit a 20A one that says "Heating", as in it HEATS the food up! :coat  )
Sorted. Thank you (and scoobed)

The Fridge Freezer and Microwave ones are to fit isolators that were missed out by the original builder.

The Oven one was a "wish list" item.  There is an unlabelled isolator, but she would prefer it to be labelled (though strangely never mentioned the unlabeled hob isolator) so I think we will just leave that one alone.

P.S customer, like me, is an incomer. Another refugee from darn sarf.

I was about to say I might have HOB or OVEN kicking about, unfortunately they would be VOLEX, left over from a job a while back.  

and not sure what colour or size, some came with red or black and some had different sized lettering.

I've just noticed the two on ebay don't have matching text fonts, so I'll not buy them straight away.

Following a phone call, the builder involved in this job is going into town tomorrow and he's going to see if CEF or Edmundson have them in stock.

Sorted. Thank you (and scoobed)
The Fridge Freezer and Microwave ones are to fit isolators that were missed out by the original builder.

The Oven one was a "wish list" item.  There is an unlabelled isolator, but she would prefer it to be labelled (though strangely never mentioned the unlabeled hob isolator) so I think we will just leave that one alone.

P.S customer, like me, is an incomer. Another refugee from darn sarf.
God's Country you mean (not that I'm from Kent or anything)! Glad to help. It's a pain matching up sometimes I know. I had to fit isolation for a gas igniter and single oven where there was none and ended up fitting 20A DP grid switches by "Varilight" as they were the nearest match I could get to the Volex chrome fittings! They're unmarked admittedly but hey ho! 

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z346/clicon357/85/th_PC110060.jpg

I've just noticed the two on ebay don't have matching text fonts, so I'll not buy them straight away.
Following a phone call, the builder involved in this job is going into town tomorrow and he's going to see if CEF or Edmundson have them in stock.
Didn't notice the upper/lower case thing, sorry!

Same place does a "FRIDGE" on but letters are in RED (nothing a fine point Sharpie wouldn't sort!  ;)  )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crabtree-4015-20a-DP-Isolator-Switch-FRIDGE-/160615377765?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D160612035795%26ps%3D54

Not your fault. The fact the fonts and colours are different suggests to me these are not engraved by Crabtree, rather something the seller has arranged.

I'll see what the builder comes up with in town tomorrow. If not, I'll ask the customer just how fussy she is.  It's a holiday let cottage and I think all she is concerned about is everything is labelled so guest know what switch does what.