Which alarm kit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilman

Reaction score
Evening all. I've got to install an alarm system in a 3 bed semi as part of a rewire - not something I would usually end up doing; so what should I go for based on cost, reliability and definately ease of installation.

my preffered choice would be a Honeywell G2-20 Galaxy panel with LCD display, but warning ! this panel uses resistors to make the sensors and panel work, and isnt very easy to install or maintain, but never the less is a graded panel unlike the veritas r8

It's only for a basic alarm so I went for the R8C; seems quite straightforward, although I haven't fitted it yet. Looking through things I have a question - the kit came with Honeywell EMPS-85W magnetic door contacts. Would I be right in thinking that the two wires from the tamper circuit join together on one terminal? Hope this makes sense.

Texacom manufacture the veritas range.

They are almost idiot proof on installtion

I have installed loads of them and I have had only one return which was down to a faulty transformer.

The speech dialers are good, and you can wire a fire alarm system to the veritas range that sets off internal and external sounders.

Overall I think for domestic they are the dogs B-ll-ck-s.