Which Mobile?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mobile is due for renewal in a week or so,

Currently looking at Blackberry Bold or the Nokia E71

Have you guys any experience with either of these?

I have a E71 and I love it,,, had a N95 before and was worried that it wouldn't be an improvement, but it is. The only downsides are a few quirks with the camera - it's only 3Mp, you have to press the t button to autofocus and the flash is LED.. it's still got a good camera though..

On the plus side, you can read and edit word, excel and powerpoint documents; it's got free push e-mail (subject to data plan), GPS is really quick and to get a phone number you just start typing the name..

It's also got great build quality

All told a great phone

Mine? it rings when someone calls me, takes very poor pictures, as previously seen on this forum, but works.

I bought one of those computer phone thingies a while back, I had to bin it, poor loudspeaker, inconvenient to just make normal phone calls,using the supplied little pencil for touch screen did my head in.

A phone is a phone, speaker, microphone and a keypad.

Mind you I am getting on a bit so am a little biased.

Morse code was easier than some of these modern phones.

Mine? it rings when someone calls me, takes very poor pictures, as previously seen on this forum, but works.I bought one of those computer phone thingies a while back, I had to bin it, poor loudspeaker, inconvenient to just make normal phone calls,using the supplied little pencil for touch screen did my head in.

A phone is a phone, speaker, microphone and a keypad.

Mind you I am getting on a bit so am a little biased.

Morse code was easier than some of these modern phones.
Take it youve upgraded to one of these? ;)

http://www.matobmobile.co.uk/index.php?id=doro_phone_easy_342_gsm_mobile_phone_eldery