Wireing Bell Box Help Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

den123

Reaction score
hi all a bell box with   stb  hold off  rtn  trg     the control panel is    siren trigger  strobe trigger  at return   hold off supply        the cable   colours are     blue green white  red  black  can anyone please tell me what cols go to what terminal please  

The cable colours do not really matter, what is important is that you connect the terminals the same at both ends.

So using what you have typed: (Bell box connections are on the left)

stb - strobe trigger

hold off - hold off supply

rtn - at return

trg - siren trigger

I would look closely at the hold off and hold off supply terminals, you should find there are two terminals, one +ve the other -ve

I would suggest you use Red for +ve, Black for -ve (same at each end)

For a suggestion (Though as I said it does not matter)

stb - strobe trigger (White)

hold off - hold off supply (Red and Black, see note above)

rtn - at return (Blue)

trg - siren trigger (Yellow)

The green you are left with, coil it up, don't cut it off, and don't connect it to anything.

thank you so much have wired it like that but when i set alarm off bell box not sounding   or leds not flashing there are 2 little plastic spades that you can move on the pins one says on the other said off  what should they be set on     thank you for you help   can i just say my old alarm box packed in last night   this on i am putting up is about 10 old bought it new never used it could that be why its not sounding or flashing leds  as internal battery in box is flat  

I have no idea what the "on / off" jumpers are for (other than to turn something on or off) what do the instructions say?

As for it not doing anything Have you checked the hold off voltage at the bell?

have got know instructions for the bell box   think it may be knackerd   whers the best place buy new bell box but a good one thanks

sorted the fuse had blown in the panel     just one more thing       in the bell box there is a jumper spade  there are 4 small pins show you can move the the spade to  one side says A  the other side says T      can anyone please tell me what it should be set at thanks

sorted the fuse had blown in the panel     just one more thing       in the bell box there is a jumper spade  there are 4 small pins show you can move the the spade to  one side says A  the other side says T      can anyone please tell me what it should be set at thanks
Yes, how tall am I

My point being that without further information  you have no idea, like wise with your bell box, without knowing the make  / model we can not help.

can you post a photo of inside circuit board of bell box, as then one of us may be able to determine what the connections/spade is for. cheers
No he can't. He is a new poster and as such can't post pictures.

Wouldn't help any way, all we would know is what you have already said, we would need to know make  / model