Wiring 6 spotlights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep down lights are notifiable.Plus there is no need to use a maintenance free JB. A standard 20A 4T is perfect for the job.

And dont use the existing rose. Thats just nasty.
Is it bad to use the existing wiring then? .. Luckily enough the ceiling is actually being re plastered so could actually be re wired.

Is it bad to use the existing wiring then? .. Luckily enough the ceiling is actually being re plastered so could actually be re wired.
It depends on the condition of the existing wiring!

im going to say this and hope i dont get shot down in flames, for it, it sounds like your not an electrician, and therefore, my advice to you would be, if you arnt a trained spark, and are having to ask something quite basic, like this then you dont appear to have the knowledge to be able to carry out this work, my advice is get 3 quotes from local sparks and employ a qualified sparky to do this work, this is because they can use the testing procedures to make sure the new wiring and the existing wiring is installed safely and is earthed as it should be etc,
I have only just passed my 3 yr course in 2 years :) like 2 months ago, got all my certs, done my 17th reg and 2392 I have just never worked / hands on in an proper environment yet.

I understand of course how to wire, but being left to work alone and never having wired spots before I wanted to check a few things first, as it is not exactly the same as wiring normal 1 and 2 way lighting free to put the wires wherever you please with the aid of a wooden board ROTFWL . (as per college)

However, I appreciate all the input guys and thanks nobed, the 6 x 50w sounds like a good idea.

P.S - Can always get one of the guys I went to college with (who are in the trade) to always give me a hand or guidance if I get stuck.