Wiska box + swa

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy71

Reaction score
Can a 4mm, 3 core swa cable be jointed into a Standard patrice sized wiska box? Its just to extend it to reach a C/U. It also needs a banjo to earth the armour, but wasnt sure if there would be room for the gland as i have only ever used stuffing glands with this type of enclosure. Thanks.

It should be Ok the wiska knockouts a are pre-theaded from memory so they will take your 20mm swa gland, the banjo can be drilled and pinned as normal assuming your not bothered about losing the IP rating of the wiska box.

If its indoors then why not use a Galvanised Adaptable box, there is more room in one of those, rather than banjo's I like these Shackles lot cheaper than Piranha Earth Locking Nuts.

Nice, I like the look of those shackles, looks like a time saver. yes its indoor so ip rating not and issue, just tight on space hence the use of a small enclosure. Have got a couple of wiska boxes in the shed so will use em. just didnt want a wasted journey as cable is on site. thanks for your help ian :)

Whats up with you now ya grumpy old sod
tumbleweed.gif