would you issue a danger notice?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called out to a customer, who has a broken pendant (yeah, I know : headbang )

However, I find that the fitting is switched on the neutral; although the two singles in the back box are both red..........

So, would you:

a: Issue a "danger notice" to the householder?

b: Send a letter explaining the fault, and explaination of need to resolve?

c: Other?

KME

b,,,,

how long has it been there ???? years

has it caused a problem before ?????

send a letter explaining why its dangerous,how to resolve it and approx cost

you could isolate at the cu only for them to switch it on again

so it has an acsessable exposed live conductor all the time?

is that right mate?

are you sure they are switched on the neutral and not going through a joint box?

Its more of an issue with a ES rather than a BC fitting. I assume the wiring isn't in the rose so easily fixed?

are you sure they are switched on the neutral and not going through a joint box?
Yup. Certain.

BTW, can you explain where you`re going with that? I`m a little confused......

Tom: Yes mate. That IS what I`m saying.

Andy: I considered that, as a temp. fix. BUT, it was pure luck that this guy called me rather than change it himself, and he says he`d have swapped the flex in the rose........ bad day explode

Ian: there are 3 singles into the rose; and the CPC looks cloth covered; although I can get an acceptable reading from it (didn`t do IR though, there IS an RCD in line, which does work in spec.)

Theo: gawd knows.

PC / Albert: That was my thinking also; I`ve already intimated to the customer that I`d prob. issue an XNN...

Thanks to all of you who replied. I appreciate your input.

Issue a Danger Notice , its up to the owner to take responsibility ,not you , we are not the fifth emergency service. Needs investigation deffo, but you have to be paid for your services, could even be the incoming main reversed, I've had that a couple of times.

could even be the incoming main reversed, I've had that a couple of times.
T`isn`t, though Deke, it is deffo the lighting.

If install was polarity reversed, I`d have isolated, called DNO, AND issued XNN on the spot.

But I know what you`re saying - Notice issued. Thanks to all those who replied

KME

Latest posts