Another Load Of Bs From The Nic After The Hoc 'grilling'?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she gave a figure of 36000 members, so a quick maths gives 10% as 3600 that leave, out of which 2% (72) are thrown out. Now call me cynical but I think EC is telling some untruths. 72 x £500 approx is £36000 per annum. What CHARITY is going to turn away that sum in DONATIONS? Especially when they could get more donations by giving charitable training?

Just a thought, as they are a charity do they ask members to fill the form saying you're making donations to charity so they claim the tax back from the government?

Was in a place yesterday and they had some of them "professional electrician" mags on the counter.

Had a look, and there was a large article on how [and get this!!] and why!!! to test rings properly!! Apparently, if you do this, you will also be able to verify polarity at the accessories!!! You don't say!!!!

Do i take it then that there are people going round taking money off people and claiming to be electricians [Maybe even NICEIC members!] that do not know how to test a ring???

Be like having an article in a welding magazine on how to stick a rod in a holder....

john...

I think she gave a figure of 36000 members, so a quick maths gives 10% as 3600 that leave, out of which 2% (72) are thrown out. Now call me cynical but I think EC is telling some untruths. 72 x £500 approx is £36000 per annum. What CHARITY is going to turn away that sum in DONATIONS? Especially when they could get more donations by giving charitable training?

Just a thought, as they are a charity do they ask members to fill the form saying you're making donations to charity so they claim the tax back from the government?
Ahh, but,   The Electrical safety council & the NICEIC are different enterties  :innocent

Was in a place yesterday and they had some of them "professional electrician" mags on the counter.

Had a look, and there was a large article on how [and get this!!] and why!!! to test rings properly!! Apparently, if you do this, you will also be able to verify polarity at the accessories!!! You don't say!!!!

Do i take it then that there are people going round taking money off people and claiming to be electricians [Maybe even NICEIC members!] that do not know how to test a ring???

Be like having an article in a welding magazine on how to stick a rod in a holder....

john...
Posted before but,

In wholesalers one day

5ww enters , new van new tools etc

Enquired as to why the LEDs he had fitted did not work ( LED consultant written on his Van FFS!)

Told he needs a different driver

I went to the Loo, came back and he is looking at the screwdrivers behind the counter and asked me which was the best Driver for LEds?

I told him 3mm.....then had to go back to the loo f quickly!

Latest posts