Told one of my jobs was non-compliant & I had ripped off my customer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point!

strange how nobody, as yet, has asked why dual RCD boards are "(purely in my own personal, but correct, opinion ) not fully  compliant...so in effect NON compliant, :putthekettleon :popcorn :Stir:

Why then ??? :p    ;)

How much does a DP RCBO cost to make anyway? $2? 

But then how much does an MCB cost $0.50? 

I feel so sorry for that neutral bar. There it is, all dressed up, ready for the big day... sees the cpcs going in, thinks, "Here we go!" then... nothing. Realises it's the fag tray on a motorbike, the chocolate teapot, the number 9 on a microwave keypad.

Poor neutral bar :(

Maybe it's ready in case someone wants to put a full size 50A rcbo or two with fly leads in... :)

btw, WTGrape is a 'high integrity' board....

Well I am guessing that the opposite of high integrity is LOW integrity.............

which Mr Google suggest is DISHONEST!!!!!

So does that mean all of those old CU's were low integrity and dishonest scheming little beasties.....

Probably tripping and blowing fuses when there was no fault at all.. just to trick you..

or swapping their circuit labels around when you weren't looking!....

I think I may have met one of those in the past...

Isolate a circuit.. think its dead..

Touch a wire..  find its LIVE!!!

was that a LOW INTEGRITY board....

or just a shared neutral...

Or just my incompetence???

Answers on a postcard to Deke's forum quiz auditing PO BOX 12345678.

:coat

:D

tripping half the ccts could pose a danger?
Socket fault takes out the RCD at night and takes the lights with it, granny who was upstairs using the shower is now a cold soaking wet pile at the bottom of the stairs as she couldn’t see the steps. 

No but because it’s fact, but you already know that Rutts ;)  

It's not a fact. 

Where as the redundancy in an all rcbo board is significantly better than a split board. It's only a domestic installation. Redundancy can't really come into play. 

All the statements of someone upstairs and loosing the lights because something unrelated trips. The same happens if there's a power cut, or the main fuse goes. 

Using this argument. Even a fully populated rcbo board wouldn't be compliment unless you had UPS backup for the house. Or an auto changeover back up genny. Just in case the house suffers a dno related fault. 

It's not a fact. 

Where as the redundancy in an all rcbo board is significantly better than a split board. It's only a domestic installation. Redundancy can't really come into play. 

All the statements of someone upstairs and loosing the lights because something unrelated trips. The same happens if there's a power cut, or the main fuse goes. 

Using this argument. Even a fully populated rcbo board wouldn't be compliment unless you had UPS backup for the house. Or an auto changeover back up genny. Just in case the house suffers a dno related fault. 

I was going to suggest that some form of EM lighting on staircases could be used to prevent Doris from flying down the stairs ?

I guess in this day & age the chance of an appliance going faulty is far greater than the chance of a power cut or the DNO fuse retiring.

I think in the ten years I have been here there has been one power cut in that time several appliences have **** the bed.

I was going to suggest that some form of EM lighting on staircases could be used to prevent Doris from flying down the stairs ?

I guess in this day & age the chance of an appliance going faulty is far greater than the chance of a power cut or the DNO fuse retiring.

I think in the ten years I have been here there has been one power cut in that time several appliences have **** the bed.
You are right as far as local issues go, but I do have my doubts regarding the security of UK supplies. It appears to me that one serious power station breakdown could push us over the edge.   Am I reading too much into this? It looks OK just now, (Saturday morning), but just have a look on a really cold day when the wind drops, and the windfarm input with it. http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/  

@Rob. I take on board what you are saying but the supply from DNO is beyond our scope or control. 

Our remit is the Bs7671, which requires us to minimise - to reduce to the lowest factor- the effect of one circuit to another (don’t have the actual regs with me at moment, it’s on the van) therefore a dual RCD board is not reducing to the lowest factor by its very nature. ??