Anybody know what type of earthing system this is ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram1980

Reaction score
Called to a site today to investigate reports of randomly tripping RCBO's and found this.

Site was rewired 2 years ago and new DNO supply put in at same time. Problem is that PME Isn't available and the original rod was disconnected.

Banged a new rod in, checked bonding & recommended

a full test.

RCBO's stopped tripping randomly as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311278684.478338.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311278737.151855.jpg

How do I make them bigger ? On iPhone on Tapatalk

5ad49be5-0f88-3be6.jpg

5ad49be5-0fb3-8f9d.jpg

Hope this is better, also my post was slightly ironic (maybe too much) I know it's a tt but the guy who left it without an earth & made up all the test results didn't

is there any connections in the service head going to the earth block? its not a TNCS head (no solid link between N & E), so if there is something in the earth, its most likely TNS

from the pic, doesnt look like there is even and screws in the earth block to hold a cable in

Called to a site today to investigate reports of randomly tripping RCBO's and found this.Site was rewired 2 years ago and new DNO supply put in at same time. Problem is that PME Isn't available and the original rod was disconnected.

Banged a new rod in, checked bonding & recommended

a full test.

RCBO's stopped tripping randomly as well :)

is that how the dno lft the cutout? or did you remove the brown phase fuse

I pulled the fuse to check connections in the head

There is a 3 phase supply but it's only the brown phase in use

It's always amazing how these seals and fuses just fall out at the exact moment you need to have a look in there ;) lol

why would you ever need to look in the service head to find out the earthing system?

in your OP you stated that PME (I'll read that as TNCS) wasnt available,

so what is the problem?