Business is Drying up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the "Went wrong accidentally on purpose" type of slightly wrong?OR

The "Whoops. What a pity. Never mind" type of slightly wrong?

]:) ] :) ]:)
Imagine L shaped cottage....

Extension is on the long end of the 'L' shape...

Consumer is in the Porch on the short end of the 'L'

In other words a long way off... :_|

the plan was to run the 3 new circuits through the roof space, then briefly outside, then into the porch (get my drift)..

however not all the roof space is accessable, so we need to open the roof of the porch to get the cables to the CU...

(Cables will come out of roof space just above porch roof apex.

:D

Ah. That would class as a "****" type of slightly wrong!!

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your roofer! Don`t break too many slates. :) :)
I think we have it sussed for Monday morning.. :D

Although I don't fancy crawling through a small gap to get into the small section of the loft space (I'm slightly claustrophobic)

:eek:

I think we have it sussed for Monday morning.. :D Although I don't fancy crawling through a small gap to get into the small section of the loft space (I'm slightly claustrophobic)

:eek:
:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

I'll never understand this game (self employed), as long as I live..

It's almost like torture at times..

The phone goes dead, not just a few days or a week but 3 weeks..

AND then just a 3 calls and everything changes again (for a while)..

Talk about living on the edge.

(Still beats a weekly ritual of going to work for someone (and doing the same thing week in, week out.)

:p

know what you mean ext 15

i cahn understand this way of working weither and ive been going 2 and half years

I've been absolutely dead the last 3 weeks - just small jobs here and there and emergency call outs. Luckily i'm starting a

Me to extension 15

Ive been flat out for ages. Phones gone a little quiet at the moment. I haven't decorated for years. What I usually do is plan some decorating make a start. Then the phone starts ringing again. Decorating then gets put on hold.

batty

Me to extension 15Ive been flat out for ages. Phones gone a little quiet at the moment. I haven't decorated for years. What I usually do is plan some decorating make a start. Then the phone starts ringing again. Decorating then gets put on hold.

batty
Yes it would be nice to achieve a workable balance, but I'd rather be too busy..

; -)

I'll never understand this game (self employed), as long as I live..It's almost like torture at times..

The phone goes dead, not just a few days or a week but 3 weeks..

AND then just a 3 calls and everything changes again (for a while)..

Talk about living on the edge.

(Still beats a weekly ritual of going to work for someone (and doing the same thing week in, week out.)

:p
Three is the magic number!?

I'm still tickin over ok..

(not full wack.. but sufficient to keep me out of the good lady's way!)

but only had one new call last week? :_|

But got back this evening... Had Three calls in one day?! :D :^O

THRRREEEEEEEEEE!

spooooky! :eek: :O:O] :) ]:) ] :)

Why cant customers organise themselves to ring at an even spacing?

Not all on the same day!?

Don't they know how it buggers up your diary trying to get round and do quotes?!!!:OX( ]:) :^O :^O:^O

Maybe that means its my turn tomorrow (well, later today, really!)

Haven`t had much in the calls dept. recently; but haven`t really wanted any either - busy, ain`t the word.

But I`ve only got another 2-3 weeks solid at the moment; so a couple of calls would be ok now;):xB)

Maybe that means its my turn tomorrow (well, later today, really!)Haven`t had much in the calls dept. recently; but haven`t really wanted any either - busy, ain`t the word.

But I`ve only got another 2-3 weeks solid at the moment; so a couple of calls would be ok now;):xB)
I'll ring you three times tomorrow with me funny voice....

1) {high pitched voice} ello? can I ave a socket please..

2) {deep voice} Good afternoon my good fellow... I need a new consumer unit fitted..

3) {middle voice} aw's ya doin m8? can ya cum and quote us for a rewire??

]:) ] :) ]:) ] :) :x :x:x:x:x;) :^O :^O:^O

Kme

the one call we will all dread........

I cant get the lights on my trailer to work !!!!!!!

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

Kmethe one call we will all dread........

I cant get the lights on my trailer to work !!!!!!!

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O
:(

Phtt!.... :|

"Billy no mates?... I can see why! :D :^O:^O

Anyway... the lights will be working...... :p

just that.. they ALL come on when you press the brake..

AND they ALL FLASH, when indicating, left OR right!! X( ]:) :) :^O :^O:^O

The Don's boys received calls from 2 wholesalers today, touting for business (unusual).

Not a good sign.

Further more I hear reports of building supply companies, cold calling on site for business (supply of concrete).

(The Don's boys often use concrete for burial purposes)

Don

The Don's boys received calls from 2 wholesalers today, touting for business (unusual).Not a good sign.

Further more I hear reports of building supply companies, cold calling on site for business (supply of concrete).

(The Don's boys often use concrete for burial purposes)

Don
:eek: :(

Rapid setting?... extra hard! ; \ ;) ]:)

Everywhere I go there is talk of no work/lack of business enquires, not just in the trade but generally from the public as well..

My plumber mate says he is stacked out,,,but when he talks to his mates they are struggling big time

makes no sense

I dont think there is a problem in the building trade i ask for a quote from 3 builders for a conservatory and garage

after 6 weeks only got one quote back and that was only because i was doing the electrics.....

Latest posts