Cable Price

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Well i thought I had enough 2.5mm twin and earth for todays work, however ran out. So I nipped along to Eddies and they wanted

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some crap about the price of copper, let him have his say then walked out.

:D That's most unlike our friends north of the border to be bothered about a few pennies ott! :D :D

:coat

Mcgaw I know what you mean about not using your local supplier. I needed a banjo for a 50mm swa gland as I had lost the one with the gland pack I had. I think I got charged about

i was getting excited then, 4 bags worth need stripping
ive got a large pile of scrap waiting to be weighed in. kinda want scrap prices to go up to get a better price for it, but if that happens, its back to paying more for the cable to be weighed in...

I can just see Eddie sitting in the back keepin' his eye on the markets...

'Christ, is that the price a copper... Boaby, bring us that effin twin and earth price list in!!'

as a quick question, where would anyone realistically use 1.0mm anymore on a standard domestic with all the insulation derating now?just wondering if it is really practical for the little savings made. personally, I have always used 1.5 all the time anyway, just find 1.0 a bit of a not proper spark job. (no offence intended to anyone)
I still use 1.0mm on my smoke detector circuits.

can keep it a bit easier for terminating at the detectors.

and as power is negligible... derating is not an issue..

even on a long run. :)

but as you say.. all lighting etc.. 1.5mm:D