central heating/water timer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah who needs a plumber? not me :D

long long day or head scratching and urming and areing and two trips to town i got there, thanks for all the advice on here lads helped out a lot,

few photos if anyones intereted

today started like this..

PICT0386.jpg

ripped it all out, had a cup of tea

DSCF1157.jpg

built "edward" in the sitting room

DSCF1159.jpg

tested with a bit of juice it works :D

DSCF1163.jpg

on the wall...

DSCF1166.jpg

testing with stats, death trap

DSCF1168.jpg

nearly done

DSCF1173.jpg

finished..

DSCF1182.jpg

thanks everyone for the advice, :) especialy mr NozSpark Pray

Looks good and I'm glad you managed to sort it,,,,,

BUT

That is a Code 1 fail on a PIR (exposed live parts) --- get them relays in an enclosure!

Also some of those cables are not double insulated and are outside of an enclosure (Code 2)

cheers and oo yee good point, sorry havent done much in the way of pir forms in college. will get it sorted this week should of thought of that tho,

thanks

haha i have a lot to learn by the looks of things, il cut out a hole and put a plasterboard back box thingy on that be alright?

Here's a bit more info for you--

All cables that are not in an enclosure need secondary insulation (T&E has an insulation layer and a sheath) -- enclosures can be backboxes, pvc boxes, trunking, conduit, consumer units .........

You should never have any exposed live parts.

and save yourself some work and use a shallow surface box..

thankyou, il get round there in the morning and fix the errors before something stupid happens.

thanks for your patience il get there one day Pray

best be off to bed,

thanks again will post tomorow

As mentioned, stuff like that needs additional protection. the relays and bases you used come like that because they are designed to go into a control panel or similar. maybe a trip to wholesaler and get a large enclosure that needs a tool to remove cover.

leaving it like that is just asking for trouble.