Decent PIR Floodlight

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChapsAnyone recommend me a decent PIR operated floodlight to go on my shed?

Looking for something in 150W.

Are the low energy floodlight worth looking at?

Sick of the

Yes, sorry, I realise that, but I was still interested in the PIR/low energy question... it seems a bit daft to me to go low energy, but then have it on all night anyway!

Yes, sorry, I realise that, but I was still interested in the PIR/low energy question... it seems a bit daft to me to go low energy, but then have it on all night anyway!
I cannot see the point in having low energy bulbs on Pir lights. L/energy bulbs are designed to be left on not switched on and off every five minutes.

Batty

I cannot see the point in having low energy bulbs on Pir lights. L/energy bulbs are designed to be left on not switched on and off every five minutes.Batty
s'why I asked opinions on them ;)

Thanks anyways

I cannot see the point in having low energy bulbs on Pir lights. L/energy bulbs are designed to be left on not switched on and off every five minutes.Batty
but in a few years there wont be a lamp that is designed to be switched on/off every few minutes!

The new technology means that low energy lamps are now far more capable than they where before.

Part L of the building regulations now state that no outside light should be higher than 150watt.

Most councils are now adopting led as the major source of street lighting.

Most security lighting have adopted similar adaptions to their range.

The old "wait until it warms up" associated with Low Energy lamps has, to an extent, been eliminated with the newer faster charge times of modern lighting.

The new technology means that low energy lamps are now far more capable than they where before.Part L of the building regulations now state that no outside light should be higher than 150watt.

Most councils are now adopting led as the major source of street lighting.

Most security lighting have adopted similar adaptions to their range.

The old "wait until it warms up" associated with Low Energy lamps has, to an extent, been eliminated with the newer faster charge times of modern lighting.
Not megaman in my kitchen/hall and utility room.

Latest posts