DENTISTS PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the Cat 5e's had just been pulled in!

Have stuck in a price, but was commisioned by contractor who is already refurbing the Surgery's a bit concerned by the state of things in the Basement!

Why on earth they didn't take a closer look first goodness knows.

They were a bit embarressed when I found 222 ohm Zs on NEW sockets already handed over!

Helped them sort that out but not good, they were hoping to Test at end of project and issue MW certs.

Well thats just it they hadn't, Guy on site just had Voltage/Continuity tester and Testing guy coming at end of project.

Multiple stables at head office me thinks!!

I have seen quite a few badly wired dental suites, one of my pet hates is all the loose cables under the units these often get pulled out of appliances because they get entangled on equipment.

The new regulations for the decontamination and control of hepititus means that very few dentists have dirty and clean rooms, and when they have they are never installed to spec, because the electricians have no idea about the equipment to use.

However your pictures just shows me that no electrician has been anywhere near this dentist, so looks like another DIY jobbie, or a very sadistic qualified sparkie

To be fare my pics only show the Basement area, new suites are being installed to spec in the surgeries on the upper floors by the contractor.

Yes I think you are right about DIY or DIAB (Do It All Builders)

The Ex owner appears to have been a keen but not to clued up DIY "electrician"

Several 1 legged "rings" on 30A 3036, and even a newer (Blue&Brown) cct in basement single 2.5 T&e on 32A Mcb.

Seems the contractor from Manchester was hoping to get away with Minor works using existing circuits and has been caught out, now hoping by commision of independant PIR to get upgrade as extras.

If I get to go back I will get some pics of the new