Discharge

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when yu say the invertaer can max at 80A, how long for? Most inverters have a short max ampage rating, think spike loads, but won't run at that figure for any length of time.

Kettles are a bit of a pain, as they are a short time heavy load. You coud change it for a lower wattage kettle and just wait longer for it to boil to help the inverter cope with the spike loading.

when yu say the invertaer can max at 80A, how long for? Most inverters have a short max ampage rating, think spike loads, but won't run at that figure for any length of time.

Kettles are a bit of a pain, as they are a short time heavy load. You coud change it for a lower wattage kettle and just wait longer for it to boil to help the inverter cope with the spike loading.
We have a Franke Hot Tap instead of a kettle, I fitted a diode to reduce the current to half, it now runs at 1500w instead of 3kW. It helps dramatically the shock load on the inverter and as hot water is stored I dont have to wait any longer.

Hey Binky, I think 80A is just the nominal output from the battery. It gives separate AC load outputs, says Max continuous is only 28A, or 6kW. 10 minute peak is 41A, and 9kw.

Hey John, I've always fancies one of those taps, but only ever looked at Qooker, and they are something like a grand, too pricey for me.

Hey Binky, I think 80A is just the nominal output from the battery. It gives separate AC load outputs, says Max continuous is only 28A, or 6kW. 10 minute peak is 41A, and 9kw.

Hey John, I've always fancies one of those taps, but only ever looked at Qooker, and they are something like a grand, too pricey for me.
It does specify maximum discharge rate on the DC Battery port as 80 Amps. That equates to 4kW maximum.

Yeh that's right, or specifically for my batteries at 51.2v, 4096w. But considering I've got two battery banks and two inverters, that's 8kw, so I shouldn't ever need to draw from the grid.

Yeh that's what I don't think they are doing, load sharing. They seem to fight each other at times.

The coms settings seem correct to me.

So I've asked them to call me and walk me through the settings, as I think the manual is crap.

I'll keep you posted.