Drayton Digistat +3RF / Glowworm Flexicom 30cx Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevec1138

Reaction score
Hi

I have just moved into a new flat and am having problems getting the central heating to come on.

The flat has a Glowworm Flexicom 30CX boiler which is controlled by a Drayton Digistat +3RF wireless thermostat.

I can get the green light on the Drayton SCR receiver to come on and the boiler makes a noise but the radiators do not come on.

In the wall behind the +3RF is an exposed red and exposed black wire (which is a bit worrying, should they not at least be in choc boxes?) I'm guessing these were the wires that controlled the original thermostat.

I have attached a picture of how the receiver is currently wired to the boiler as it does not look right to me.

Does anyone have any experience with these who could confirm if this is the correct wiring for a Drayton SCR please?

Thanks very much.

Steve

Loose wires behind +3RF:

IMG_0398.jpg

Back plate of SCR:

IMG_0399.jpg

Wide view of boiler and SCR:

IMG_0400.jpg

get a sparky in

g/y should not be where it is which means wiring not to standards

could be a reason why it doesnt work correctly

where are you based Steve ???????

one of us maybe close by...

You say new flat assume you mean new to you and not new new. Try changing batteries in room stat they may have failed and thats why its not working.

get a sparky ing/y should not be where it is which means wiring not to standards

could be a reason why it doesn't work correctly

where are you based Steve ???????

one of us maybe close by...
I have to agree with TheorySpark on this one, the position of the Green/Yellow looks very dubious and probably indicates the wiring was not done by a competent person.

Doc H.