Drayton MA1 Actuator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brummydave

Reaction score
Hiya,

Got a faulty Drayton actuator. The MA1 from a 3 port valve.

Anybody know either the cheapest place to get a replacement or whether other brand actuators will fit?

This damn cold June is playing havoc with heating systems! lol :)

Thanks in advance

D

Only thing with changing the motor it may be something else malfunctioning that is causing it not to work.
As I found to my waste of time!

Changed the motor, no difference to action.

Changed the whole actuator. Happy days :) :D

As I found to my waste of time!Changed the motor, no difference to action.

Changed the whole actuator. Happy days :) :D
Thank you for the update. It is always nice to get feedback on these type of threads.

Doc H.

Pleasure. As a reader of threads for help I like to be able to return some feedback.

I only wish I'd turned up with the new motor and new actuator in the first visit. Then when the repair didn't work I could've got straight onto the actuator. Rather than having to travel out to get one! Yay for Screwfix open on saturday afternoons :)

To be honest, if I hadn't heard that a motor repair was an option, I'd have changed the whole unit in the first place. Hmm too much info maybe? Or just extra knowledge for the future :)

And sometimes it may not just be the actuator the actual water part of the valve may also be broken. More doom and gloom.
True. Although the plumber had been in before me and confirmed the water part was working ok (?!!??). It wouldnt surprise me if it was a bit limescaley though.

In this case the valve and actuator was cheaper than the actuator alone, go figure! I said i'll keep it in me spares, or sell it to a plumber, or weigh it in for scrap. What's brass worth these days? :D !

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:52 ----------

I can never understand the price of CH heating controls some of the kits are so cheap compared to buying parts individually.
lol true. maybe i should buy more kits and sell spares on ebay! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always buy the full job for a first change,

lift the body off and check if the motor is turning the spindle, if not then its a motor change, if it is then is an actuator change,

if you only change the motor then simply buy a new motor and you have a complete kit in stock. :)

Ive noticed also that its cheaper to buy a complete valve rather than simply the actuator, the mind boggles, :C