Edmundson Electrical Ltd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just had a rep round my house from Edmundsons trying to get me to sign up for an account with them and wanted your views on them.

I know quite a few people on here use them and they are the biggest electrical wholesaler but I find Wilts good although pricey on some stuff where Ill use Toolstation as i like the fact you know the prices from their catalogue whereas wholesalers make the discounts up as they go along. If i say I can get xyz cheaper in Screwfix/Toolstation their attitude is go there then.

If I had a TLC nearer Id use them as my pal uses them and find them very competative and helpful. Ive also got Electric Centre, Neweys & Eyre, CEF, R&B Star, Edwardes Bros within a few miles.

Look forward to any feedback

Cheers

Hia Matty, how much buying do you do with Edmundsons? I find it strange that they are visiting your home to sort an account out, it was done at the wholesalers when I was there. I used to work for them so what I say might seem biased. One huge advantage of signing up with Edmundsons is that you can order stock at your local branch, and if working away, can be collected from the branch local to you, which can be very helpful. If you need any more advice, give Me a shout.

AndyGuinness

I use Edmondsons for most of my stuff.

Some things are cheaper else where. Even if Edmondsons are only a bit dearer then I still use them. They have a good technical knowledge of the products.

There was atime when the likes of Edmundos , Neweys etc were'nt much bothered with the small account, now they are all after your custom. That said, they are big , their stock should be good, you need to see what discounts they are offering .

I use Denmans mostly because they've always appreciated the smaller customer, discounts are good, stock isn't always very good, 60 day account, know the staff well , they are local.

Also use Electric Centre who are also good, and have just been aquired by Edmundos, which probably prompted their approach to you.

Wilts also good .

A few accounts are always useful , depending where you are working , I keep a CEF account only because they have branches all over .

Haven't Edmundson just bought out the Electric centre? (if it wasn't Edmundsosn then I forget who it is, I've lost the bit of paper EC sent me)

My thought are eventually the two will merge fully, and one of them will go. Particularly in places like here where they are both in the same town.

I like the Electric Centre, not least because they have their own fleet of vans and do free next day delivery even on small orders, which out in the sticks up here is dead handy.

The Edmundsons in Glasgow has a bad rep for adding a "0" to your bill "by mistake". they tried to charge us

Please remember Edmundsons is a Private Ltd. Co. that means for example that the company is owned by private individuals.

Thus there is the opportunity for the shareholders/board to influence company policy and attitudes directly and monitor these as they see fit.

So, I would not expect a company like this to be a faceless soul less corporate being.

It was set up originally by a Mr. Edmundson I gather, so it may have strong family values, who can say that there are still not members of the founders family on the board +/or as shareholders.

What discussions I have had with some of the managers at the company they have been as helpful as possible, and quite accommodating, and also reasonable and knowledgeable.

I have been told many things about how the organisation is run, and they are all IMHO quite positive.

HTH.

Edmunsons are very good, I use them mainly more than wilts, product range takes a bit of getting used to but I suppose thats the same for any move of wholesaler.

Matty..... this is very strange..... iv just switched to them also and so far.... very pleased...... CEF begining to take the ****..... we have been using alot of there MK sentry consumer units and so far were very satisfied with them... also got prices on a range of every day items and i must say it opens the eyes...... ALOT

Avoid Carlisle branch if you are in a hurry. Very slow service evry time i have been in

Stright up, unadulterated biased opinion - Edmundson are The best Electrical Wholesaler in the country

Now then, each branch is managed by people and thank goodness we are all different, however i firmly believe we are the best in the business. Everone i have ever met in the company from top to bottom is working towards the best local service, the best local stockholding and the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.

I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

If you want to ring me M4tty i will be happy to discuss anything you might want to know (it sounds like you may be in my region), if you don't have my mobile let me know and i will get it to you.

Latest posts