Electric Vehicle Charging Installations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

800fsbgang

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just about to renew my 17th to the 18th, and I'm going through my course work doing an online practice test from the IET and I get this question regarding EVC Installations regarding the minimum degree of protection against external mechanical impact for electrical vehicle charging points in public areas, my answer IK07 but the correct answer is IK08 according to the online test from the IET, I've looked up and I still think its IK07 and 722.512.2.203 Impact (AG)  States IK07 I'm guessing I've overlooked something.

Annotation 2020-07-17 081001.jpg

Smart screen? I had the same problem.

The only conclusion I could come to was a mistake by C&Gs or it has been changed in amendment 1.

Your answer is right going off the blue book without the amendment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate,I've just checked with the amendments on the blue book on the IET website and the only amendments for the Electrical vehicle section is this :

Section 722 Electric vehicle charging installations  This section contains significant changes to Regulation 722.411.4.1 concerning the use of a PME supply.  The exception concerning reasonably practicable has been deleted.  Changes have also been made to requirements for external influences, RCDs, socket.

but it doesn't list the external influences.

It's probably a mistake by C&Gs then, in the book it's definitely IK07. To be honest I wasn't impressed with their online course thing, found a fair few mistakes in it, spelling, grammar, incorrect titles, the voice over saying the incorrect reg numbers etc.

Have a look at sparkyninja on youtube, for 8 quid you can subscribe to his 18th edition course, well worth the money. 

Cheers mate,I've just checked with the amendments on the blue book on the IET website and the only amendments for the Electrical vehicle section is this :

Section 722 Electric vehicle charging installations  This section contains significant changes to Regulation 722.411.4.1 concerning the use of a PME supply.  The exception concerning reasonably practicable has been deleted.  Changes have also been made to requirements for external influences, RCDs, socket.

but it doesn't list the external influences.
are you referring to the 1st release of AMD 1 or the second?

The IET had to reissue the amendment as it had a few mistakes