Eu Vote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should UK Remain in EU on the referendum.

• Total voters
@pewter

You are sounding like the politicians that have got us in this shyte

We want your vote, but you are too stupid to understand what you are voting for so we will line our own pockets while we screw you into the ground and you are too thick to know better.

Agreed,

as opposed to the EU, which is

A Greed
yes.

we are just slaves who believe we are free.

There is an old saying that states 'knowledge is power' unfortunately the general mass public do not have the knowledge or understanding of who or what controls the going ons in the monetary world let alone the legal world therefore we are led blindly to the slaughter. 

When you actually start to learn their rules you learn how to beat them! But be assured they will fight you til the death because they don't want you having their knowledge. They want you to be below them so those who believe democracy exists are totally deceived. There is no such thing as democracy. It's a word used to convince the masses that they have a say. 

Re Pensions

I am already drawing one of mine from the age of 50. That was only allowed as the scheme specifically mentioned drawing from the age 50. If there is no specific mention of that, then the earliest age is now 55.  I chose to draw that one early because it was a company scheme and the company is in a perilous state with very few employees left paying in, and the company unable to make any contributions.  In the event of a shortfall in funds pensioners in the scheme get priority over deferred pensioners, so I wanted to make sure I was a pensioner in that scheme just in case.

I will be loking at drawing my next one at 55, though that won't be much.

My big one is set in stone at 60 with no flexibility to draw it early.

As for state pension, I fully expect just before I get there the ladder will be pulled up evern further. Bar Stewards.

If I can ever sell my damn house, it all becomes irelevant anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you have been locked in a cupboard for some time. Have you seen the 'representitives' of our country?  Saying that the general public are too stupid to vote on such a thing and to leave it with career politicians has got to be the oddest comment I have heard in quite some time.  
Being saying exactly that since before the referendum was even agreed. That was why I was quite happy with Labour's previous position, unfortunately taking the we know best stance probably cost them a lot of seats in the last election, The media have been hyping this up for years. The Mail must be creaming themselves at how far right they have moved the discussion, back slapping all round. In a vote to stay but with a beady eye on what's happening. This is already costing us all a fortune and this current parliament is a pantomime imho. What with Eu debate taking up the best part of thinking for at least the last year and then the current serving government will be knifing each other in the backs like nobody's business as they all vie for the top job....Shows that Cameron never learned anything from his hero Blair, Blair has always said his biggest mistake was announcing when he would go and also that he wouldn't serve a full final term.....threw the labour government into chaos and that was without a real challenger to Brown lol.

I want to remain as I like the idea of being part of something big, and having that something big cover my back IF my country is ever in trouble....on our own we are a sitting duck as our military is decimated as is our navy and raf. Another reason for me to want to remain is I as a non conservative (who rarely see's much good in many conservative policies ) I find myself more happy to listen to the remain side of the party as the out side is in my opinion  full of the worst excesses of right wing conservative mp's Gove is the exception, I admit to being side swiped when he declared his stance. . I know that this is no reason to vote in/out but it adds to my hunch that we in the long term would be better in than out.

I know my thoughts are not the popular view but it is my own thinking and after all that's democracy. I also agree with the sentiments earlier - basically we probably will be in the brown stuff whatever the result. A wise man once said "If voting made a difference they would ban it".

our military security is linked to NATO not the EU.

I do feel that globalised companies can only be beaten by a big institution like the EU, but I also think it is an unwieldy monster with a life of its own. Inefficient, not very democratic, and very good at wasting money.  What I want is economic union, but as that isn't an option on the ballot paper, I feel forced to vote OUT to get the positon I want. I also feel that all the scaremongering without any real arguments to stay in is a clear indicator of being bull****ted by the status quo brigade who earn lots of money from the EU. If the EU was really the place to be, then how come we don't feel any better off after all these decades?

our military security is linked to NATO not the EU.

I do feel that globalised companies can only be beaten by a big institution like the EU, but I also think it is an unwieldy monster with a life of its own. Inefficient, not very democratic, and very good at wasting money.  What I want is economic union, but as that isn't an option on the ballot paper, I feel forced to vote OUT to get the positon I want. I also feel that all the scaremongering without any real arguments to stay in is a clear indicator of being bull****ted by the status quo brigade who earn lots of money from the EU. If the EU was really the place to be, then how come we don't feel any better off after all these decades?
We are in a much better shape financially now than we were when we voted "In" in the 70's. Some say that is because of the EU some say that is despite being in the EU, The truth will be that it is probably a bit of both. It needs reform, I think the bigger countries are waking up to this and will act.

We are in a much better shape financially now than we were when we voted "In" in the 70's. Some say that is because of the EU some say that is despite being in the EU, The truth will be that it is probably a bit of both. It needs reform, I think the bigger countries are waking up to this and will act.

Really? When the little ones can veto what they want to ......... turkeys don't vote for Xmas

Is it me or are people missing the obvious? 

Eu constitues a few countries that are capable of paying large sums in to it but many more countries that take out much more than they could ever pay in. 

Is this a sustainable business model, would any bank fund such a model if it were purely business? Unlikely, yet there are many disillusioned people (imo) that think we should stay in?

i wonder if these people would feel the same if the tax man took more than they earned each week? How long would they agree with that. 

Charity begins at home, if we can't manage and support our own then surely we're in no position to assist anyone else? 

and the fact that some of the smaller countries, as a direct result of the freedom of movement, have lost large numbers of their population - this means their economies are in recession/decline - how are they ever going to improve?

The whole point of the EU is to normalise all EU citizens to the same standard of living. In effect a united states of Europe. Its the pesky Brits that keep messing up the works by not joining the Euro and now heaven forbid want to hold a vote on the whole project. The economics are not rocket science, wealthy countries in the EU get less wealthy and poorer ones get less poor until it is all normalised. I thought French was going to be the language but my money now is one English ironically enough.

The vote should really be about the vision of the EU and what it is trying to do as unless you sign up to the vision of a US of EU , then you will be frustrated by every treaty that tries to creep you fwd.

Personally I am a selfish sod and don't want the vision, I want a standalone UK where my vote is more loosely linked to my needs.

What a load of old tripe that is! I take it in this normalisation of the people included those that run this machine they're all on average wage are they? My Arse! 

The day all the rich people give up their riches and share it so we are all equal then I might believe it. It'll also be the day I stop drinking the alcoholic beverage! 

The whole point of the EU is to normalise all EU citizens to the same standard of living. In effect a united states of Europe. Its the pesky Brits that keep messing up the works by not joining the Euro and now heaven forbid want to hold a vote on the whole project. The economics are not rocket science, wealthy countries in the EU get less wealthy and poorer ones get less poor until it is all normalised. I thought French was going to be the language but my money now is one English ironically enough.

The vote should really be about the vision of the EU and what it is trying to do as unless you sign up to the vision of a US of EU , then you will be frustrated by every treaty that tries to creep you fwd.

Personally I am a selfish sod and don't want the vision, I want a standalone UK where my vote is more loosely linked to my needs.

What a load of old tripe that is! I take it in this normalisation of the people included those that run this machine they're all on average wage are they? My Arse! 

The day all the rich people give up their riches and share it so we are all equal then I might believe it. It'll also be the day I stop drinking the alcoholic beverage! 
I think you missed the irony of the post, 

The politics are interesting and well meant, the whole project was about stopping another world war or at least another European war by making us 1 large happy family. At times the 'unifiers' have bent the rules to push the project forward, a fine example being the Euro, Greece and several other countries should not have been allowed to join until their financial status was suitable, but....

As for the smaller countries,what a gravy train for them, but it is also about selling stuff to them - think Germany does best out of that

Perhaps what we need is a comitment to an EU referendum every 5 years, so those with any doubt coiuld stay in this time, but if it looked like things were going too far they knew thay had a chance to change their minds next time.

Having just one vote in a generation rather focuses your mind a bit as you won't get a second chance.

Just imagine if we had to choose a government to rule us for the next 45 years before we got another chance to choose again?  That just about sums up the choice we have to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
The politics are interesting and well meant, the whole project was about stopping another world war or at least another European war by making us 1 large happy family. At times the 'unifiers' have bent the rules to push the project forward, a fine example being the Euro, Greece and several other countries should not have been allowed to join until their financial status was suitable, but....

As for the smaller countries,what a gravy train for them, but it is also about selling stuff to them - think Germany does best out of that
Basically this !! The idea is to drag these small countries up to become westernised consumers who are able to generate their own wealth after years of funding and nurturing from nanny EU. House prices in almost all the poorer EU memebers have risen at the fastest rate in the world.....That to me is an indicator of increasing wealth and also a sign that these people/countries will eventually become consumers rather than just very poor people living in their small countries trading with nobody. Capitalism NEEDS consumers to continually consume. I believe that is what the modern EU is all about...oh yeah and to stop wars.

Latest posts