Facebook

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
A word of warning to all who use facebook.

Mrs 107 lastnight used my business laptop (because I was hogging the desk pc) & logged onto her facebook account X( & the laptop went dodally almost straight away.

A nasty little worm/virus has now deleted portrions of the windows running software for me , the word of warning comes because I had the latest Norton anti-virus all singing all dancing software running & this worm still got inside it.

Having my IT teckki mate look at it now & he has told me this worm is a hybrid of an old face book worm it's now called "koobaface/" or something like that & it seems to randomly select & delete/corrupt sections of script. He has 3 pc's all with the same symptoms from the past week to look at. His sophos system is doing over time at the moment on my hd :_| .

Worth knowing. My son spends half his life on FB but can't say I've had a problem.

I have eset nod 32, could be why I have no problems either & I am on there a lot.

There was a time that I praised Norton and Systematic up to everyone.

It's a long story - but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now, or recommend it to anyone. X(

There was a time that I praised Norton and Systematic up to everyone.It's a long story - but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now, or recommend it to anyone. X(
Same here.

My tekki mate has binned the old hd in his words "it's propper ********" even after a clean up most of the script is mashed.

So for the princely sum of

Oh blimey, I have just spent 3 evenings trying to create an account with Facebook following an email from friends saying they have some photos on there. Facebook can't seem to cope with my password, I don't think I'll bother any more.

Same here.My tekki mate has binned the old hd in his words "it's propper ********" even after a clean up most of the script is mashed.

So for the princely sum of

Personnally, I don't rate Facebook at all. I think it is over rated by people. What a load of Carp.

and of the 105 friends... how many do you actually know?
I went to school, college or uni with them all. I will have spoken to over three quarters of them in the last couple of years

I won't add anyone who I don't know