Has Anyone Fitted One If These.....?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just had a call from a customer who is having a new kitchen fitted and has been told by the kitchen company electrician that he needs a new digital consumer unit

He now wants me to fit this digital consumer unit and I'm wondering

if anyone has fitted one before

how much should I be charging

And are they any different to a standard consumer unit

would like to see this digi c/u aswell

is there a new fangled tech that we are all unaware of? Surely Not?

if you find such thing please let me know!

Out of interest why not get your customer to get a quote from this "electrician" at the kitchen company for this new "digital cu". Or even get them to engage in a few leading email exchanges asking for same and quoting the word "digital"...........and that their sparks recommended it!

Ah yes, the digital CU

That will be the one that the OCPD switch off the circuits under fault conditions as per the Logic states of 1 and 0 [On and Off] as opposed to the older and 'so last millenium' Analogue Boards

FFS what are these muppets on??

I think you should pursue this and get some more details and pics

:worthless:

:Stir:

These will be the ones that have binary or hexadecimal MCB's…… :B-

ready for harmonisation with windows 8 and i-phone 4 devices…
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

where as we all know……

6A = 0000 0101, or 06h

10A = 0000 1110, or 0Ah

16A = 0001 0000, or 10h

32A = 0010 0000, or 20h

40A = 0010 1000, or 28h

45A = 0010 1101, or 2Dh

50A = 0011 0010, or 32h

:innocent

And the main switch has to be rated at;

0110 0010, or 62h amps

If RCDs are fitted on a digital CU they will typically be….

0101 0000, or 50h

and

0011 1111, or 3Fh

Surprised you guys haven’t been fitting them yet!!!?? :C

:coat

Thing is they will be switching off the analogue signal to the old boards soon and if you don't upgrade to digital the power will go off at midnight on D Day (Digital Day) so act now before its too late .

Better speak to the DNOs too; last time I checked, they were still providing a sine wave supply, which is incompatibly with digital tech.

They`ll have to give you a square wave supply instead - none of that awkward, problematic 1.717 maths to deal with then......removes ALL the "RMS" nonsense -

:coat

Tastes better than the real thing Kerch!

If you hadn't guessed I hate real cheese ;)
I could live off cheese!

Stronger the better................creamy Lancs, Extra Mature Cheddar, Stilton, Goats any cheese APART from that sh!te with the maggots in it Casu Marzu or summat. That is just wrong

Mind you I don't eat any animal that had a head bigger than its feet

Last edited by a moderator:
I could live off cheese!

Stronger the better................creamy Lancs, Extra Mature Cheddar, Stilton, Goats any cheese APART from that sh!te with the maggots in it Casu Marzu or summat. That is just wrong

Mind you I don't eat any animal that had a head bigger than its feet
Reminds me of when I first met Mrs PD.First Christmas familly get together, the men were sent off to the cheese shop. But we called in the pub on the way. By the time we came out of the pub, the cheese shop had shut. We had to get what we could from a supermarket and blag the lack of selection.

Latest posts