Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm Ωhm. I found this forum while looking for answers regarding a diy project some time ago. Thought I'd log in today to make sure my account doesn't get pruned & was directed to this topic of introducing oneself.

Bye for now!

Thanx for the invite,I'm terry and I'm studying to become an electrician,I am on year 2 of Elec tech cert,hope to branch out in the near future as domestic installer around the Cardiff area.

Hi neverybody, have just joined this group.

i am working in Qatar but i am from the UK have been here over a year now having left Dubai when the work started to drop off.

I work here as a Snr project manager (MEP) and its been a good experiance

Angelo

Hi, Im Panth from Hounslow. Im currently in the IT industry but am studying 2330 Level 3. I have completed my Level 2 and hoping to do the 17th and 2391, then the world is my oyster as they say.

hi all,

just found the site and looking forward to discussing issues/problem solving etc

work for me is primarily in the building maintainance sector for local councils but also installation and inspection

Hello All,

A very warm Welcome to the forum to you all. :)

It's good to have you all on-board.

Best regards,

Admin.

Hello, I'm a young engineer and I've recently bought my first house. I am looking to start doing some DIY on my new property and I would like to be able to ask advice from more experienced people to build my confidence.

Cheers

Hi I am Nige84, I am a domestic / commercial electrician and although I'd like to think I am good at my job i still tend to have "thick" days. I haven't looked at this site much but will do in the near future.

Hello all.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi to all, and a big thank you to Admin for all the help getting set up here.

I set up a company 2 yrs ago with the old man, we do restorations & new builds.

Work was a bit slow last year so I took 9 months off and set about becoming a domestic installer ( Not to everyone

Heya Name is Tommy, 21 years old based in East London.

Done my C&G2330 L2 and L3. I'm a voice alarm engineer by night and computer engineer by day.

Hi All,

Just a customer who wants to be a little more knowlegable about electrics. I stick to wiring plugs, changing fuses and resetting the MCB's when they trip. Although in the past I have installed a single spur off an existing socket & replaced cracked sockets etc; but that's my limit. We're renovating our house; our sparky has just finished the first fix electrics and I need to be able to speak to him about what he's done/doing and have some inkling of what and why and how dodgy the things are I'm asking him to do.

Yours

R

ps I've got to say that the info here and on other trade/expert sites is of a much higher standard than sites aimed at customers and DIYers. Although they do have sparkies contributing you don't half have to trawl through a lot of rubbish to get to a sensible answer. I appreciate that sometimes there are a range of correct answers but some of the replies! even I know can't be correct. Also sometimes the answer is not one you want to hear.

Found this site by accident ,Electrical technican at college

Hi I'm marcm, mainly a software engineer that dabbles a bit in hardware. I stumbled accross this forum from a search in google and it looks like a fantastic resource for all things electrical.

Its been added as a bookmark so I can keep updated. I will post on anything that I know about in the usual forum way of spead the knowledge.

Hope you help someone one day.

Cheers

Marc

Hi Folks,

My name is Nick, took the qualification due to being made redundant for the first time in my career as a toolmaker, way back at the turn of the century (this one NOT the last one).

Qualified earlier this year (2010) and have only done small jobs, BUT have been working with those who do the job 24/7, its like serving an apprenticeship, but worth getting the experience that can't be taught in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.