Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Sam :)

Started Electrical Installation course after looking for the right career (originally have NVQ3 in IT Support) and love the more practical approach to work.

Recent just passed all my exams just a few more practical coursework to do and I should get my certificate and place on Level 3 course next year.

Summer ahead next week GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

Hi, I'm Marc I've been a general builder for quite a few years now doing small extensions, renovations etc doing electrical work under the supervision of others. Because i enjoyed the electrical side of the building industry i've spent the last few years studying to branch of into electrics full time. I've got my NICEIC assesment next month. :pray

Excellent usefull friendly forum Thanks :)

Hi im a plumber, for some unknown reason ive ended up on the wrong forum? :|

Well I never like to blow my own trumpet, but as I know everything and no nothing this site is very helpful, by putting me in my rightfull place (at the forefront of useful information).

Registered with the NICEIC I was for a while on my way to becomming an assessor but decided not to because it hurt so much laughing all day long.

I first took up tools in 1976 and quickly decided this was not a very good job to be in.

I am still here though because like all electricians most of my brain cells were damaged after receiving 500v dc from the practical jokers during my apprenticeship.

Hi I'm a chemist working as an engineering manager (!) for a large chemical company. I'm an avid DIYer with a particular interest in electrical work. I re-wired my own house two years ago under BC approval.

I've been visiting the site off and on for sometime but have never introduced myself (sorry!) or posted a specific question directly since the problems or questions I have have usually being covered in depth before.

Hi im mike

just done my last exam for the 2330 L3. now just need to take the next step and find a company i can do my NVQ3 with.

Decided after working as an IT Technician for 5 years that it was time for a change. Just wish this change had happened a bit sooner.

cheers

Hello, my alias will be 'Apache'. I am a member of MI5 and will chose to masquerade as a vet on an electricians forum - the perfect disguise. I have not been here from the start, but have tried to make up for it since. My take is quantity over quality. Ask yourself, which you'd pick - mind-blowing sex once a year or average sex everyday? Quantity wins every time. ;)

Badger and Lurch work for me. They are pretending to be electricians on an electricians forum, but I think that's just so predictable. They pretend not to like each other but are almost in love.

A secret many of you won't know is the person we know as 'Admin' suffers from multiple personality disorder and has at least 4 user ID's that I know of, including his fake wife Admin 2. Don't tell him I told you.

I even know what is 'special' about SL's location, but I am sworn to secrecy.

KME is teetotal, the beer is non-alcoholic. Any intoxicating effects are purely psychosomatic.

Sandra - I have a mission for you, it's not going to be nice. PM is waiting for you.

I could go on, but had better stop. This isn't going to be read by anyone else is it?
PMSL, Patch. ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Hi im a plumber, for some unknown reason ive ended up on the wrong forum? :|
That's a cracker... ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL We work with copper too, if that helps? :)

Hi I'm a chemist working as an engineering manager (!) for a large chemical company. I'm an avid DIYer with a particular interest in electrical work. I re-wired my own house two years ago under BC approval. I've been visiting the site off and on for sometime but have never introduced myself (sorry!) or posted a specific question directly since the problems or questions I have have usually being covered in depth before.
Welcome aboard Helium, Thank You for posting - Here's to many more? Guinness :D

hello there good people

im tim from sunny wolverhampton

currently studying the 2330 after being out the trade for some time.Hope to go onto hnd level eventually. but to be honest not sure im on the right path at mo, will be picking brains accordingly.

pretty bad timing to start it seems. but hayho recessions gotta end sometime :pray

been reading the site for a while and at times pmsl with some of the threads but never posted as yet

looking for a job in the trade at mo as a couple of starts i should have had fell through.

Well impressed with the forum very well managed and some well needed light relief at times as well as some very useful links and posts.

Will do my best to be a regular and not a stranger ;)

I'm John from Preston. I'm the buyer for a building company.

I've been a lurker for a while; I stumbled across the site while looking for some information and there's plenty of interesting reading on here.

Hi, my name is Ian. Started life out in this industry as a P.A.T tester 13 years ago. I got more involved on the tools side of things as an electricians mate and decided enough was enough, so sat my 2330 level 2 and 3 and 17th edition. also the 2391 test and inspect last week. think i,ve passed. I come on here regularly as i find other peoples ideas and different approaches to problems interesting. Plus it's a great forum. :^O

hello im monkfish....sorry Detective inspector Monkfish to you lot!!! X(

only kidding

ive been a member for a few years and have had some fantastic help thanks all......GuinnessGuinnessGuinness:good night:

Hi I'm mark, have been here for a few years now, just pop in now and again, I work as a builder (extensions to houses) mainly (the whole project not just the spark bit), but i'm a qualified spark and have done many years too many years house bashing to care for it anymore :D

I came across this site by personal invitation from Welsh Wizard who mentioned it one day on a thread in the IET forums.

So I was head hunted really ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL

Hi Admin,

Well , after 20 years as a electronic repair engineer to include communications and lap top repair , i got fed up with sitting in boring factories.

So , i needed a change and as Electricians are related to electronics albeit loosely , this was my new career.

For the last 3 years i have been back to college to be an electrician which will finish this month i think.

I have also got the 17th edition and the 2391.

Now i am back in Basingstoke , after 10 years in manchester , and hoping to get some regular work.

I love Carp fishing and my motorbikes too!!!

That is pretty much me.

Rob

Hi im Nick. I work as an electrician for a company and also a lot of "MOONLIGHTING". I also work for myself.I find this forum very interesting, helpful and friendly.

Can't remember if I ever intoduced myself when I joined, probably not as I am very shy:Blushing.

I'm from Dublin, originally and have lived in the uk now for almost 18 years. Started off in london, suffolk, essex, jersey and have now firmly rooted myself in Cornwall with my family.

Started sparking 11yrs ago, have 2360 - 2391 and some other bits I've forgotten about. Am registered with the Nice people and remember alot of helpful advise when assessments were due and also prior to the 2391.

It's most definitely, the most helpful and friendliest forum I have personally come cross. Although I probably don't post much, it's because it can generally be found in the search box.

Keep up the good work Admin, and also all the rest of you, as you are what makes the forum so good.

Michael,

(Macca)

Guinness These are a personal favorite and will be downing much of the black stuff on my forthcoming trip back home.......

Michael, (Macca).

Feel free (If you wish) to Use the link in my Sig, to get your Scheme Provider logo added under your Username.

Best Regards,

Admin.

Hi i'm Bacon from Hednesford near Cannock

Used to be in maint heavy forging presses and all the other stuff associated with them,Currently with the M O D doing various installations and repair work from mobile cabins to generators and other stuff that i've never heard of.

Hi all, again.

Safedepth here, or Barrie or simply, Fitz.

22 years in the Royal Navy and now set up on my own house bashing. Loving almost every minute of it.

Great site with much help!

Hello at the moment I am a maintenance electrician in the concrete industry in the game for 30years (long time I know but it

Status
Not open for further replies.