Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers! how do i put an avatar on?!
Click on "Settings" next to the "Log Out" link on the top right of the forum -> Scroll down -> My Settings -> under the My Profile Tab click on "Edit Avatar".

Hi all, I'm not an electrician but just done C&G installation course some years back just to teach me the basics to be able to do electrical repairs around the house. Never went into the industry really. I was into computer repairs. I just stumbled across this forum whilst researching MCS accredited PV installers on Google and thought I'd register to ask a few questions.

Hi.

I'm Miles, Electrician from industrial now domestic as we have no industry left round here.

Liked the site and wanted to post a question so have spent 5 months trying to convince the system that I'm not a bot although my e-mail is from the USA.

Finally.

big up for perseverance Jones, :D

welcome,

funny that, I musta got under the wire so to speak, I have a non european e.mail addy and it worked ok, :C

Hi I'm training for the 17th Edition and was surfing around when I came accross your forum. I hope it will become a valuable resource to me and eventually me to it. I already seem to have received some support through it, which is very much appreciated.

hi,im kenmore.

been self employed 19 yrs and are a niceic domestic installer.looking to learn some new tricks

regards

grahame

Hi just come across this forum whilst searching for the other one on my iPhone! Looks good, domestic spark from Brum.

Lol - Glad to see you have found the quality electrician forum, Nelly.
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you on-board. :)

Hi, I'm an electrician registered with ELECSA. Mostly domestic work. Only qualified a couple of years ago. Worked as a sparky's mate for Connaught before they went bust. Followed by agency work on sites. Now self employed. Ticking over just about. Taking my 2391 exams, again. Passed the practical but failed the writen exam last October. Hope to take the wriiten exam again this year. This site has been very useful for advice and support. Now I just need to find some 2391 past papers:pray

Hi, I've been browsing the forums for a little while so thought I would register now and hopefully contribute to the forum.

Hi. I'm an electrician working mainly in domestic properties in North London. I'm registered with NAPIT and I've been doing this for about seven years.

I definitely see there's a lot of useful stuff on this forum, and sharing some good sparking knowledge can only be a good thing!

Welcome to the forum FinchleySpark,

It's good to have you onboard. :)

Hi,everyone here! I am univeristy student,who wants to work in UK in summer holidays,I already got colleague degree (electrosystem tehnician). Looking here for some advice,which certificates are requried to work in UK as electrian and where can I got them and how mutch it costs. Thank you :)

Hi. I'm mainly a domestic electrician but have covered most aspects of the job at some point. I've been qualified 6 years now but am not NICEIC reg.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 10:04 ----------

Hi guys. I'm currently trying to learn more about testing etc. I have a megger MFT1500 series tester but am not entirley up to date with it. Can I test earth spikes with it and if so how? Had a quick go yesterday but the earth symbol kept flashing and wouldn't give me a reading. Why would this be? I would appreciate some help as I'm a novice on this subject!

Hi, I'm a technology teacher currently teaching electrical installation.

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

It's good to have another Electrical Installation Lecturer on-board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts