help from those that know

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Reaction score
just finished 201 and 203 got distinctions,

so now ive got to do 203 , 205.

tutor is saying theres confusion about year 3

all i wanted is to become a qualified mainly domestic electrician and eventually start my own business,

doing rewires,pat testing,plumbing,brickwork for extensions etc

what exactly do i need.

cheers andy not back till september im 44 time not on my side trying to get lacky job just want experience

but thanks for your reply

thanks Nozspark all the help i can get the better.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:31 ----------

will that get me where i need to be ???????????????? thanks steptoe

okay boys ! another stupid question from me "is there much chance of me finding a local electrician to take me on as lacky whatever

or in this day and age is that ********?

yeah i got told that at the start of my course too.... in 2008.....aint happened yet tho.

If you are being sold the courses on the promise of there being loads of work for sparkys, im afraid they may be telling a little white lie there

You can do you city&guilds 2330 level 3 starting in september and then be able to do the 17th edition in the jan along with finishing the level 3 as its mostly fault finding in jan onwards. After that inspection and testing cert

Lot more maths in Level 3 2330, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. My original college too were "confused" about Level 3, so much so that as we finished Level 2 they said "If you want to do Level 3 .........find another college!"........so I did!

I thought 2330 was going and to be replaced by the 2385?

Colleges and training centres are all governed by funding. Unfortunately over the last few years funding has been all over the place - and as caused just as much, if not more hassle and lost jobs for colleges and their staff than the individual wanting get a change in career.

There has been some good news lately concerning the availability of and funding for electrical qualifications - along with potentially a new qualification to replace the C&G 2330.

As far as being a domestic installer is concerned, I believe the minimum requirement for registration is a level 2 electrical qualification and 2382.

Latest posts