How to navigate the 17th!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very good!!!

you walk to the van and SELECT the grommet, then you walk back to the house and ERECT the grommet, now you start to see it:D

ok

now we are down to part 5......selection and erection of equipment

the new task is.... which chapter would you put it in (51-56)???

very good welshy!

you jumped the gun a little.

my class would fumble a little and say it must be either 51 (common rules) OR 52 (selection and erection of wiring systems)

52 is good....

next i say "which sub section then"

they say .....

522 (selection and erection in relation to external influence)

i say VERY GOOD which sub-sub section then?

they say 522.6 (impact) or 522.8 (other mech stresses)

i say 522.8 is good, so which reg is it then?

they say....522.8.1 or 522.8.11

and i say WELL DONE!!!!

you have found the regulations relating to grommets written in "reg speak" but more importantly started to decypher how the regs are laid out!

then i ask my class do they feel better and i can see a huge sigh of relief around the room, mostly! ;)

well

i have been doing 2382 all day today....

also been doing 2330 tonight at oldham college....

bit drained now, i will sign off and rest for tomorrows trials and tribulations....and contact some back up for this forum:D

perhaps i shall pop in tomorrow night with other BS 7671 tales.....but really, now you know the secret to doing it.....

damn i miised the quiz , doc dont dissapear ,i fear me and welshy are going to hound u with questions , well i will when i can get to my pc :D ill give ur teachings a go ,u dont fancy doing a teaching course in neath do ya ;) thinks ill learn a shedload more form u than current teaching staff,what u reckon welshy ?

I dont think the grommet can be used for strain relief?

The grommet will be used to prevent damage to the cable, and also maintain the IP rating of the enclosure (even if it is buried in the wall) :D

D.

Doc, you don't suppose the sigh of relief from the class was because you actually got to the point, do you? :0

Hi everyoneI just found book "Exam Success IEE Wiring Regulations 2382-10" on that web page:

http://www.cityandguilds.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-839EE8AE-F3158F7D/cgonline/hs.xsl/22978.html

I would like to ask you if the book contain real exam questions?

This book replaces the "Exam Success 2381 (16th edition)" book. Anyone knows is that position is useful to pass exam?
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum.

It does contain a limited number of questions similar to the exam questions. BUT that is for the 16th Edition, you need to the 2382 (17th Edition) if you don't have the 16th editon qualification already, and looking at your post - you don't, you will need the full course - 2382-10.

However, if you do hold the current 16th qualification, within a certain length of time (ago) then you qualify to do the 2382-20.

Personally, I would pay the extra