KBR??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you luck & health if you do go, but here is something that you should know mate.

KBR

You are more than welcome mate, if you do go just be careful & remember if it doesnt feel right get out of there. I wish you a safe return if you do decide to go.

I also hope that you make a bundle & come back safely so that you can spend it. :)

You are more than welcome mate, if you do go just be careful & remember if it doesnt feel right get out of there. I wish you a safe return if you do decide to go.I also hope that you make a bundle & come back safely so that you can spend it. :)
Thank you:) searched high and low for a job since december when I got laid off and nothing really suitable has come up in the North East..

So it looks like Im going..

All the best Pickburn....................be lucky & if you cant be lucky be safe.

Hope it goes well for you mate.

Hey all just need some information on when I go to Iraq next week.

Should I take my 17th edition or The latest onsite guide or any other code books..

What would you recommend

Hey all just need some information on when I go to Iraq next week. Should I take my 17th edition or The latest onsite guide or any other code books..

What would you recommend
17th and onsite guide wont matter as it will no doubts be working to the american code, especially if working at a US camp. If your going to work in at any of the oil refineries or anything like that then again your 17th is useless.

Just do what they want you to and keep your head down.

17th and onsite guide wont matter as it will no doubts be working to the american code, especially if working at a US camp. If your going to work in at any of the oil refineries or anything like that then again your 17th is useless.Just do what they want you to and keep your head down.
Thanks for the help, Your prob right but I am told that there working to the Uk british standards, Both phases

hello mate how did you get a job offer by kbr i emailed them and didnt recieve anything and im an electrician

hello mate how did you get a job offer by kbr i emailed them and didnt recieve anything and im an electrician
how much experience have you got?

and do you have any contacts/experience of these conditions?

not so much happening in KBRs parts now, try PTS or somebody else.

i been doing it since 16 so 7 years.im 23 now i started when i was 14 though.no i havent i just want to gain some experience

i been doing it since 16 so 7 3 years.im 23 now i started when i was 14 though.no i havent i just want to gain some experience
or have apprenticeship times been shortened even more now?

most folks wont count your apprenticeship as experience.

probably your best bet is jump on a plane TBH

I met an Indian guy in the states, who was a civil engineer for KBR. He was on leave because the lorry they were travelling in got blown up! Its worth bearing stuff like this in mind, your getting transported in an army vehicle in a war zone... I would still probably jump at the opportunity if it came my way. The money sounds good too.

type in KBR convoy on youtube and it may change your mind. I know there were a few scary videos on there a few years ago.