Memlite Lamp restoration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sir are a gent of the first order! I shall look forward to receiving and finishing the lamp off, probably going to do away with the nyloc nuts currently fitted and tap the switch cover plate .....very much appreciated!

Thanks chaps, I think the alloy plate looks better than the previous switch arrangement and it's now got a more definite earth for the switch! ...the paint is Hammerite dark green hammered brush. ..the whole lamp used less than a quarter of a tin!

Thanks chaps, I think the alloy plate looks better than the previous switch arrangement and it's now got a more definite earth for the switch! ...the paint is Hammerite dark green hammered brush. ..the whole lamp used less than a quarter of a tin!

Brings back fond memories of my grandad, he used to paint everything in hammerite hammered paint!

:)

All it needs now is for you to create a small animated clip of it jumping around in the style of the Pixar studios, for us to use as the banner heading on the forum! (those older members will remember we used to have some dancing pylons several years ago). Very nice Mr Potts & Roys, thanks for posting the progress update.

Doc H.

Funnily enough it was my grandad who introduced  me to Hammerite too!....I'm now eagerly looking for another lamp 😊