My New website

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lead-Laddie

Reaction score
Sorry guys, this is my first attempt at having my own website. I did not create the design

I just lead the project and would value your critique / feedback ie things you would keep

things you wouldn't etc. It still has some copy to be completed and refined but I'd appreciate your feedback.

I am not attempting to sell anything here as I don't retail equipment.

I just design, supply and install turnkey solutions for end users.

I hope I am not breaking any rules here

Here it the URL Rex CCTV Installation | CCTV Installation in the Bolton area

Thanks everyone

Hope we are all having a profitable year...

Looks very good indeed mate. Only feedback i would give is the "CCTV control" section returned as page not found. Maybe a glitch my end though. Other than that it's well presented and concise.

Edit to add that you have already stated some stuff incomplete!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you the gay one in the yellow hard hat or the guy in the suit
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

PS, why are the case studies in latin ?

I don't like the changing pictures in the background. It makes me lose my place when I am reading.I'd pick one and stick to it!

I think you need to get someone to look at the grammer and punctuation etc. There is word missing in the first line I read (If you looking for CCTV) and also some slightly strange capitalisation and quote marks.

Other than that I like the site.

Ali

Thanks guys that is all very helpful. The text or copy as the designer calls it is my own and does need some correction and refinement, I agree and that is something I have to find the time to do. I am aware the facebook and twitter pages are not available yet and these are not in my hands but I can remind the designer.

The CCTV Control page was removed shortly after I posted here so I can only assume you tried it when it was being removed. It was just a placeholder page anyway. It's been replaced by Digital Recording DVRs which again I have to compose the text.

The slideshow background has been slowe down to what it is at the moment for exactly the reason s stated by you chaps, I may just arrange to slow it to one slide every 5 minutes that way viewers won't suffer the distraction, but it is an integral part of the design.

Again the latin sounding text is just a design tool to layout the page. It has no meaning it's just a filler. If there were a meaning to it, it would say 'that lazy good for nothing Mark, hasn't written the text that goes here yet'

I am pleased with the overall response, I have taken note of your comments and will be discussing these points with my designer. Thanks again everyone you have really been a great help.

By the way, I don't know who said the engineer on my maintenance page looks 'Gay', I agree he does look rather like one of the village people doesn't he lol :slap

Tell you a secret, it's a library photo.

Just for the record though, I employ people on their proven ability, dedication and work ethic. Their sexuality doesn't come into the equation. (and if they work cheap too lol)

Last edited by a moderator: