Name dropping.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going back to your original question deke, 'how many people have you MET' not how many people have you seen.

Ive seen loads, on film sets, at gigs, on the street, but only a hand full i have actually MET, as in spoken to.

met the little bloke from top gear ( the one that looks like death warmed up), he asked wife to do some work for him but wanted he to drop existing customers and get if finished before crimbo, so she said no lol.

met the little bloke from top gear ( the one that looks like death warmed up), he asked wife to do some work for him but wanted he to drop existing customers and get if finished before crimbo, so she said no lol.
]

The Hamster?

Introduced to the Queen when I was 18 (was the patron of the place I worked at)

Installed HiFi for Demis Roussos in his Mayfair pad (dreadful tipper)

Met Canon & Ball many times as they used to hire VHS tapes from my west end store back in the day, been to many of their LWT shows and after parties

First time I met them I was restocking the store shelves when I heard "rock on Tommy!" behind me, without turning around told my lads in the shop to stop imitating that annoying idiot from TV, turn around to find Booby Ball grinning at me, he thought it was funny and the rest is history

when I was a kid i saw the legend of catchphrase roy walker in the local tesco, he said hello seemed pretty nice,and i used to deliver papers when i was 13 to this fella, lives in my town, quite good xmas tipper too

MagKeithHarris.jpg
Is it Eric Idle and Orville ?

Carried out work for Jimmy Page from Led Zep, met and played darts with Ronnie Baxter (knocked out 3rd round of English Open), met lots of the top 16 players and used to play against Wayne Mardle in Super League Darts.

I met the Late Jimmy Saville at his house in Glen Coe as we set out to walk the Anoch Eagach ridge many years ago.

And Penelope Keith has a house next door to our boat club house and keeps a boat on a club mooring, so I see her often.

Ok, Im gonna top the lot and say that yes, i have met the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley.

He served me a battered cod and chips last week, but tbh I dont think he was totally honest with me........and Im not really sure about you either

Met Sir Jimmy Saville whilst working at Stoke Mandeville hospital. We had just gone to the ATM in the spinal injuries department when he came in. Apparently he used to donate a lot of money to them and helped open that department. He stood and had a chat with us for a good ten minutes. Top bloke!! Very funny!

Met Ray Winstone earlier this year when he was filming the Sweeney film in a building I was working in. When I say "met", I shared a lift with him and dropped my dirty works gloves at his feet getting in. He picked them up and said "There you go mate!". And I said "Cheers...........". Normal bloke, no airs and graces etc. Would come down from filming and stand outside on his own to have a fag and cadge a light. Can't wait to see the film.

Iv met Danny Dyer twice in a year, once at the V festival in Chelmsford and the other at the Joe Calzagi fight in Manchester.

He is a really nice guy and made the effort to chat to us drunken fools

:D

Ok, Im gonna top the lot and say that yes, i have met the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley.He served me a battered cod and chips last week, but tbh I dont think he was totally honest with me........and Im not really sure about you either
Nearly fell for that for a minute . :shakehead :shakehead:slap