No Heating After Taking Radiator Off The Wall

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousNinja90

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

So our radiator in our bedroom has not been working for a while now while all the other work fine. I tried bleeding it but still it would not heat up. So today i removed it from the wall and flushed it out with a hose.... I then stuck it back on and tuned on the heating but now ( We have electric heating ) The alarm light is flashing in the cuboard and none of the radiators work :/ Probably should have just left it alone i no... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

+1

It sounds like a presurised system and you have lost the pressure. there should be a fill loop somehere to re charge it.

That was probably all you needed to do in the first place, top up the pressure and bleed it.

Hey Guys...

So our radiator in our bedroom has not been working for a while now while all the other work fine. I tried bleeding it but still it would not heat up. So today i removed it from the wall and flushed it out with a hose.... I then stuck it back on and tuned on the heating but now ( We have electric heating ) The alarm light is flashing in the cuboard and none of the radiators work :/ Probably should have just left it alone i no... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Ooopps.....

I think this flow chart....

(blatantly plagiarized from another member who posted it on another thread previously !!!)

explains the problem.....

is_it_fucked.png

:Blushing

with thanks to Mr Sidewinder for originally brining this to my attention! :Salute

Hey Guys...

For a second there I thought they'd washed a storage heater! :slap

For a second there I thought they'd washed a storage heater! :slap
I read it as an electric boiler.  Never did see the point of them, if you are going to heat your house with real time peak rate electricity you might as well use panel heaters.  Electric boilers are for someone who wants to pretend they have central heating with a proper boiler.