Ouch!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowhand

Reaction score
I've just got back from the dentist.

I had a new denture fitted on top jaw and a wisdom tooth removed from the bottom jaw.

It left a big hole.

The anaesthetic is starting to wear off and it's starting to hurt.

Ouch!

Tell me about it, Slowhand!!

Had a bottom jaw wisdom tooth removed yesterday and they had to cut the bone to remove it.

When the anaesthetic wore off, the pain was off the scale, accompanied by ongoing bleeding.

The good news is that after dosing myself with co-codamol  and ibuprofen last night, I had a good night's sleep and most of the pain has gone and just the soreness remains.

Hopefully, yours will settle down as quickly as mine.

SBS Dave

Tell me about it, Slowhand!!

Had a bottom jaw wisdom tooth removed yesterday and they had to cut the bone to remove it.

When the anaesthetic wore off, the pain was off the scale, accompanied by ongoing bleeding.

The good news is that after dosing myself with co-codamol  and ibuprofen last night, I had a good night's sleep and most of the pain has gone and just the soreness remains.

Hopefully, yours will settle down as quickly as mine.

SBS Dave

Cheers for that Dave, the bleeding has stopped now and I've taken Paracetamol and Codeine but it hasn't kicked in yet.

Like you say with a bit of luck it will just be a bit sore tomorrow.

Don't remind me, I've got to go and I'm terrified of dentists.

I know what you mean, I'm terrified of them too.

I can't understand why though.

I can't remember a dentist ever hurting me (intentionally).

I can't remember a dentist ever hurting me (intentionally).

I can, his name was Mordent of Terrace Road, Buxton. Mum smacked 7 bells out of him for deliberately hurting me. It sort of snowballed from there and he was struck off for knowingly administering insufficient novocain so he could use it himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My old dentist reeked of garlic, so much that I could taste it through his latex gloves.

I accidentally bit his finger once, funnily enough the next time I went I had a different chap.

If there is one thing I'm terrified of it's dentists, goes back to when I was a kid, anyway I haven,t got many teeth left now but a few months back I had one that was ever so slightly loose. Every time I bit something the pain was horrendous, well one night the wife had done me a steak and I couldn't enjoy it with this damned tooth, she'd gone to bed and I was sat in the lounge with a Jack Daniels brooding over the steak.On my side table I spotted my Leatherman multi tool,and within a couple of minutes I could eat anything without pain.

Latest posts