pir

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
if a pir as a code 3&4 does this mean a unsaturfactory result can be applied

I would say no unless it has the potential of causing a risk to property, persons or livestock. A code 3 requires further investigation and a code 4 means that it does not comply with the current regs, but complied with a previous edition.

A PIR asks if the general condition of the installation is satisfactory and this will depend of the type and amount of faults found. It is therefore the inspectors decision whether the installation is satisfactory or not.

I would say no unless it has the potential of causing a risk to property, persons or livestock. A code 3 requires further investigation and a code 4 means that it does not comply with the current regs, but complied with a previous edition.A PIR asks if the general condition of the installation is satisfactory and this will depend of the type and amount of faults found. It is therefore the inspectors decision whether the installation is satisfactory or not.
due to code 2 s on the pir thay put down un satisfactory result

but put a 3 yr for next insp the company i work for ad it done

but i have not done the 2391 yet doing it in jan .

but the time scale seems a bit long for a unsatisfactory result

on some 2s i would have put a code 1 ie covers missing on a 3 phase cu would this be write or wrong

If you read the bit before "3 years" it will normally say something to the effect of "So long as any code 1 or 2 defects have been rectified, then the next inspection is due in ....."

Remember if you have an unsatisfactory PIR then you don't need to carry out another after the repairs have been carried out... the repairs should have a cert of their own, so when you put them together it shows that there were defects, but that they have now been repaired.

code 3: possibly unsatisfactory, but very unlikely, as anything you find that would make it unsat would be code 1 or 2

code 4: 'doesnt comply with current regs. this does not imply that the electrical installation inspected is unsafe' - i think this one explains its self