Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, I AM BACK FROM HOLS AND

MY "COMPACT" STOCK ARRIVED ON SATURDAY.

I know some of you have been waiting, so hopefully, we can resume business as usual.

SBS Dave

ANOTHER SOLUTION TO A TIGHT-SPACE PROBLEM.

Customer had to replace a Wylex 3036 board in a small cupboard, with no room for a conventional size board.

This solution not only fitted, but a created more room for cabling.

Just noticed the earth bars not shown. It was not fixed and could be fitted top left or right, to suit the job.

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NozSpark

The board shown is an 8-module / 6-way one and the smallest conventional one I do is 217mm w x 215mm h x 100mm d, which wouldn't fit.

This one I supplied is 180mm w x 160mm h x 85mm d, so it solved a problem for him, especially on the height.

If you know of an enclosure of approx. that size, let me know.

SBS Dave

Funnily enough I had to source a Gewiss replacement 1G/2W IP55 light switch today. Anyway, Gewiss, 8 module enclosure 180x180x98, pm sent.

Any good?

Had a call from a customers just before lunch.

Needs a small board by next Tuesday, but the space is very tight.

He needs a 6-way board and as luck would have it, I had just the thing, in fact, 5 of them. They came in yesterday, thanks to OnOff mentioning them.

They come without Main Switch, without earth bar (didn't need a neutral bar) and without labels, but the box is only 190mm square.

I built it today and it will be picked up tomorrow, for delivery Monday. My customer is naturally over the moon, that this solution gets him out of a bit of a jam.

First of all, thanks OnOff for your input and secondly to the Forum, whose feedback is a good soundboard for me, when evaluating new ideas.

SBS Dave 

ENC-8G lid off.JPG

ENC-8G lid up.JPG

ENC-8G lid down.JPG

That's ridiculously compact.  Glad to have helped.

I can just see the part number "1G-CU" appearing on your list soon if they get any smaller!  :Applaud

Just like to say a big thanks to Dave for the compacts I had delivered today. 

Delivered at 1300 and job done by 1515, 11 RCBO's in total.

They are great to work with. Wish everyone would go for them.

As a matter of interest what certificate would you issue when changing mcb's to rcbo's?

Indeed what testing. 

I tend to do full Rins of each circuit, full rcd testing for each rcbo and end to end testing of ring circuits.

I am unsure about notifying BC as technically you are not changing the cu.

If it's a single mcb to rcbo or a board full of them, I do an EIC & notify .

Hi dave2

Glad you were happy with our products and service and thanks for your endorsement.

Just to clarify, dave2 received 11 x RCBOs , a Main Switch and the busbars, already assembled and ready to fit into his EXISTING STRIPPED DOWN CONSUMER UNIT. That's why the install was so fast.

If the existing enclosure is in good condition, with a conventional DIN rail, why change it? Do what Dave did and what others on the Forum have done previously. Take out the RCDs and MCBs and the Main Switch (if it is not compatible) and fit the RCBOs instead.

Chances are you will create 2 or even 4 extra spare ways.

SBS Dave

If it's a single mcb to rcbo or a board full of them, I do an EIC & notify .
Thought I would run this through with NIC as this may be an assessment job.

The say no need to notify and test Zs only at outgoing end of RCBO.

Hi dave2

Glad you were happy with our products and service and thanks for your endorsement.

Just to clarify, dave2 received 11 x RCBOs , a Main Switch and the busbars, already assembled and ready to fit into his EXISTING STRIPPED DOWN CONSUMER UNIT. That's why the install was so fast.

If the existing enclosure is in good condition, with a conventional DIN rail, why change it? Do what Dave did and what others on the Forum have done previously. Take out the RCDs and MCBs and the Main Switch (if it is not compatible) and fit the RCBOs instead.

Chances are you will create 2 or even 4 extra spare ways.

SBS Dave

A QUICK UPDATE.

Despite a particularly good sales month for August, I DIDN'T RUN OUT OF STOCK!!!.

In fact, I have now had another shipment, so stocks of Compact and Standard RCBOs are good.

SBS Dave

Looks like I have managed to clear my diary for Thursday 18th September, so I will probably head down to ELEX at Coventry.

Should get there mid-morning and leave late afternoon ( going to my brother's place for "tea")

If anyone is going to be at the Ricoh Arena at that time, please let me know where you are likely to be and hopefully we can introduce / re-introduce one another.

SBS Dave

I'll be there Dave, should be arriving at around lunchtime on Thursday, I have another formal meeting @ 14:00, else I'll be wandering around the show, you have my mobile, not sure if I have yours?

If not you can PM me it, or txt me & we can arrange to say hello, there will be a couple of others there too, I believe.