Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I did not work for a slaver!! I could get time off to have some social time!!

In the morning I am travelling from London to Loughborough staying there until Thursday, then going to Portsmouth well actually Cowplain, Thursday night, then if all goes well back home to Lancashire on Friday.

Monday I am back down south in West Mersea near Colchester.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dave, I'll be there from opening time, til closing! Gotta be able to meet up during that timeframe :) . I know i've not had much from you, but i'm very thankful for that which I have!

Hope to see you tomorrow :)

Dave.

hi guys,

my mobile no is 0777 447 9287. It is pay as you go and I put £10 in 6 months ago and there is still 2 quid left!

I'll top it up now.

I'll probably take my NAPIT bag and wear my SBS badge, so you will know who I am. ( it also helps to remind ME who I am; I was 73 yesterday and the memory doesn't get any better.)

Manator,

would never have heard of Cowplain, but my wife's auntie lives there. Small world.

SBS Dave

Oddly enough I'm off to Cowplain tomorrow to visit my daughter.

It's a long way from Durham.

Hi new on this site. I've been recommended to look at the SBS units. I'm looking for a 1 Phase, 20+ RCBO's way surface metal consumer unit. Do you cater for that. Any info, costings etc would be appreciated. thanks

Hi Highwayman,
Thanks for your potential interest in my products, details of which are on the SBS Trade Sales thread, including many photos of jobs undertaken by Forum members.
You will see that I sell Standard RCBOs, similar to many on the market, EXCEPT, mine are 10KA ssc and are just £10.00 each + VAT.
You may also be interested in my Compact Range of RCBOs, which are the same size as MCBs and are 1-module in width and genuine 2- pole. These are currently priced @ £13.00 each + VAT and are selling "like hot cakes"!!
I don't normally sell metal enclosures, but I do stock a couple of small boxes, suitable for my Compact RCBOs, in 14-mod and 10-mod sizes. You could stack 2 x 14- mod units, to give you Main Switch plus 26 usable ways. I notice a Forum Sponsor HAVELLS only do up to 16-ways in their type A metal enclosures.
I don't have a website, because I only sell to the Trade, but if you wish to contact me via e-mail, I will work with you, to come up with a suitable spec for this and any other jobs. My e-mail is david.stansfield @ satnet.me.uk . I look forward to hearing from you.

TO ALL MY FORUM CUSTOMERS. - I have good stocks of both Standard and Compact RCBOs.

SBS Dave

Long time, no visit.

I have been busy dealing with more new customers and serving my existing ones, a lot of whom are TEF Members.

The 2 DBs shown here are were shipped last week, but I took photos of them, to show the amount of space available.

The one on the right is my TDline enclosure, which has proven very popular, with a particularly robust metal DIN rail.

The one on the left is the Schneider Easi9 enclosure, which has a backplate, rather than a backbox and is a doddle to wire.

The space in this one is enormous, although it is not much use for SWA or conduit connections.

I currently have good stocks of Standard and Compact RCBOs, so hopefully I won't again be embarrassed by empty shelves.

PLEASE NOTE - I will not be around for week commencing Friday 28/11/2014, as I will be in Iceland (that's the country not the shop).

It is my wife's 70th birthday present and we are looking forward to it. ( Yeah, I married a younger woman, so what?)

Perhaps my regular customers could bear this in mind, for upcoming jobs. For those yet to try my Compacts, if the attached photos don't convince you of their advantages, then nothing will.

SBS Dave 

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!  HOPE THAT YOU HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND THAT 2015 WILL BE GOOD FOR BUSINESS.

For those Forum Members who are my customers and are on my e-mailing list, you will know that I have had to increase the price of my Compact RCBOs by 7.7%, to £14.00 + VAT. my first increase for 3 years.

During that time, I have absorbed 2 price increases from China and am now faced with a substantial increase in my Product Liability Insurance, as a result of London Fire Brigade's prediction of a literal "meltdown" in Domestic Consumer Units.

My Standard RCBO price is still £10.00 + VAT.

Attached therefore, is an Interim Price List for Winter 2014, reflecting this price change. The Compact C curve will remain at £14.00 + VAT.

As you can imagine, I am evaluating the options with regard to "non-combustible" enclosures and once I have sorted that out, I will issue a Prices SPRING 2015 price list. There may be a few deletions from the 2014 one, but also maybe a few interesting additions.

Currently, I have all sizes in stock, despite a record December turnover, in a large part, due to Forum Member Customers. I also have another stock order in the pipeline, due in at the end of January.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

SBS Dave

PRICE LIST Winter 2014.jpg

Hi Sidewinder,

In theory January 2016.

In practice, a lot of electricians will be specifying and installing metal boxes months before this date, so I need to be ready.

In addition, I have fairly large stocks of plastic boxes I will need to shift, even if it means lowering my prices.

I will keep the Forum informed, as I proceed with plan A or B, depending on how "carved in stone" the new Regs are and what other Companies do. 

SBS Dave

OUT OF STOCK OF 16A and 20A COMPACTS.

Until about the 20th January.

In the last 3 weeks, I have sold the equivalent of 3 months sales of 16A and 20A, which has caught me off guard.

My feeling is that on the larger domestic jobs, which a lot of my recent orders have been, electricians are favouring 20A radials over 32A rings, hence the increased demand for 20A.

The other significant factor seems to be the popularity of electric storage heating, being pushed heavily in the national newspapers. The would explain the increase in demand for 16A, although I am sure PV is another factor. If there are other factors, please let me know.

All other sizes are in stock and I have all sizes of Standard RCBOs.

With regard to "non-combustible" enclosures, I am hoping to formulate my plans by the end of the month. Earlier, I had suggested that electricians would start to change to metal boxes long before D day, but that was purely a guess. I would welcome any and all comments on when members plan to switch over from plastic to metal and whether this switch would also include the installation of plastic DBs inside a metal enclosure, as an alternative solution. This information will help me determine stock levels of boards and when to phase out various types and sizes, leading up to January 2016.

I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING INNUNDATED WITH YOUR REPLIES!!

SBS Dave

To illustrate the point.

This board will be shipped to a customer this week and it has 8 x 16A Compacts.

IMG_1678.JPG