Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COMPACT RCBOs GOING CHEAP
 ​
Due to a cock up in China, I have received a batch of 25A Compacts instead of 10As

The 10As are now on their way, but I want to move the 25As.

I have previously advocated 25A for radials using 2.5 T & E (under the right circumstances) and a few electricians have asked for them before. I have now some in stock and they may be slow movers, although I have sold 10% of my stock in the last few days, in place of 20As.

For those happy or willing to substitute 25A for 20A or 32A, I am selling them, not at £14.00 + VAT, but

£10.00 + VAT,  LESS YOUR USUAL 5% or 10% DISCOUNT!!
 ​
At that price, it may even be worth carrying a few in stock, to replace a 32A in a "not-so-certain ring circuit", without overly de-rating the circuit. 

SBS Dave

Hi kerching,

No problems, still have plenty left.

Next week, Monday to Thursday, I am out of the Office on a business trip, trying to tie down deals for AMD3 all-metal boards.

I am also sourcing a few tools for basic sheet metal work, which may be of interest to those  electricians who have traditionally only fitted plastic boxes, but are now required to drill ,notch and cut 1.0-1.2mm sheet steel, for cable entry.

I am also evaluating a range of torque screwdrivers, which may offer a better deal in terms of price and "kit" flexibility, whilst maintaining the usual quality of European-made tools. In the same way that I sell all my DB components separately, I will offer the screwdriver handles and blades separately, so you only buy what you need. I have suggested a couple of minor changes to the existing range, that should make them more user friendly.

Buying the various tools mentioned, including the torque screwdrivers, in conjunction with a DB, will mean the tools attract no additional carriage charges and will also benefit from the 5% and 10% discounts, as per my normal order policy.

However, I am open for business this week and I can process orders up to Saturday and Sunday, for pick up Monday and delivery Tuesday.

In the next 2 weeks, if not sooner, I hope to have my new product lines sorted, although they may not necessarily be in my stock until later.

I will keep you informed, but if you are in the market for a torque screwdriver NOW, let me know.

SBS Dave

Hi Blue Duck,

Both Schneider and Cudis are both currently on my radar and maybe a couple more possibilities.

However, I should like to bring in a range of suitable boxes from China and I have been in talks with possible Companies.

The big issue with regard to boxes is BSEN61439-3. Chinese Companies cater to a global market in general and the Australian / New Zealand market in particular, so there is no need to certify their product to a UK version of a European version of an IEC Standard. The cost of that would be many thousands of pounds and would not be economically viable for me.

On the other hand, my biggest seller is the Compact RCBO, so it would be good to have a box that has BSEN61439-3 certification as an assembly featuring Compacts.

Hopefully by the end of next week, I shall be in a better position to decide the way forward.

In the meantime, if you and/or others on the Forum can give me your views on AMD3 boxes, torque screwdrivers and simple metal working tools, I would welcome them. My marketing background requires me to "satisfy my customers' needs", but I can't do that unless I know what those customer needs are and I don't like guessing.

SBS Dave

Ask away Dave?

What do you want to know?

The Schneider plastic box meets 61439, the metal box will obviously meet also 7671.

Schneider already make mix & match kit for their parts...

Thanks for your reply Dave. :)

I like schneider too! But not the square D stuff, the Merlin stuff is much better!

As for torque drivers I use wiha, but am open to new ideas!

For metalwork: multi tool, angle grinder, dremel rotary tool, some files, hss bits and last but not least a big hammer. :)

I just picked up the Armeg Torque driver as Denmans had it 'on an offer'. It seems a nice bit of kit, really should've waited til Elex though to try it in comparison with Wiha, Klauke, Schneider and any others that have sprung up.

My feeling is it's another expense that most people won't use and I don't see me using it much. Maybe I will once I get in the habit? 

At Napit Expo last tuesday there was a demo rig that showed how much torque you put in using a manual driver. I was really surprised how much 4Nm was!

Keeping my eye on this thread :)

Oh and I went to Schneider a while back to talk amd3 compliant boards - there was some great ideas but i signed a bit o paper to say i couldn't talk about them! Suffice to say they were a bit different to other offerings...

Metal Box Applications.jpgTORQUE SCREWDRIVER LEAFLET New.jpgTORQUE SCREWDRIVER PRICES New.jpg

I was going to wait, but what the hell. Above are 3 leaflets I would have posted in a few days time, but because of the good response, I have done it now.

I will leave it as it is, get your reactions and then respond to those.

SBS Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
At Napit Expo last tuesday there was a demo rig that showed how much torque you put in using a manual driver. I was really surprised how much 4Nm was!
Which is is pretty common reaction I think. A good reason why everyone should have one, if only to calibrate their gut feel ;)

SBS Dave: those drivers look very like the Klauke branded one I have. I don't suppose you know if your blades fit the klauke? (I need a couple)

I just picked up the Armeg Torque driver as Denmans had it 'on an offer'. It seems a nice bit of kit, really should've waited til Elex though to try it in comparison with Wiha, Klauke, Schneider and any others that have sprung up.

My feeling is it's another expense that most people won't use and I don't see me using it much. Maybe I will once I get in the habit? 

Keeping my eye on this thread :)

Oh and I went to Schneider a while back to talk amd3 compliant boards - there was some great ideas but i signed a bit o paper to say i couldn't talk about them! Suffice to say they were a bit different to other offerings...
I have posted a full review of the Armeg stuff here....http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/28150-armeg-screwdriver-set/

I am just waiting for the torque handle to arrive from Megger Mark so I can try that as well.

Overall a nice bit of kit. T handle is really good, just a few issues with insulation thickness on #2 blades.

Also needs to increase blade range to Hex and Torx

Hi brman

I think you are correct.

Felo is the OEM and Klauke, who are mainly pliers and crimping tool manufacturers, own brand it.

Let me know what sizes you are looking for and I should have availability late next week.

Hi kerching,

Felo do the Torx and Hex blades to fit the handle, but currently, not in an insulated VDE version.

Insulation thickness on #2 sizes is also an issue with Felo, but an extra exposed tip is available for deep terminals.

They also do a range of VDE screwdrivers with slim insulated shafts, so they should have the in-house technology to produce slim blades for the Torque handle.

I am already in discussions regarding that, with more discussion next week. Hopefully, they will listen to the Industry feedback.

Incidentally, because I selectively look at posts on the Forum, I have missed the Armeg Review and Megger Mark's involvement with them.

SBS Dave

Dave

Armeg and Haupa source from same manuf.

I have a Wiha torque....slimvario and fits everything Imhave tried it on BUT the blade locking system is not the best....bits sometimes fall out

Armeg on other hand has a far superior retention system BUT number 2 bits are too,fat.

I mentioned this to,Armeg when I Met with them at Elex and also suggested increasing range of bits to,take in 3-6 mm hex and T15-30 torx

Just awaiting Torque handle from MMmto evaluate then I will,post another review

Dave,

I went down the Wera Kraftform route, unfortunately, good choice of bits, including slim, but, torque handle does not go high enough.

A better range of bits and with the choice of torque handles you have, I could well be coming to you for a set.

On another note, looking at 10mA RCD's anything?

SCREWDRIVER SCREW HOLDER LEAFLET.jpgIMG_2007.JPG

These are another couple of products from Felo, which I will probably start to push, especially the magnetic bit holder.

The other photo is of 2 screws, the small one, which is an M4 from my Compacts and the larger one, which is an M5 from my Standard RCBO. 

My Main switch also has an M5 screw.

Certainly the M5 and a PZ2 pair very well in terms of size. The PZ2 head is 6.00mm in dia.

The PZ1 head is 4.4mm in dia. so could pair with M4 and M5 screws.

I've tried various blades on these screws and whilst all configurations of PZ and PH work well, I felt that the 5.5mm slotted blade was more positive and less likely to torque-out, with torques approaching 3Nm.

I shall have a token stock of Torque handles and blades by Friday, plus some of the magnetic bit holders.

The VDE screwdrivers are a top quality range, with reduced shank insulation, but I am not sure if the prices are right. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

SBS Dave

Oops Sidewinder,

Forgot to mention, I am not looking beyond my 30mA RCBOs at the moment. What did you have in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
THERE MAY BE SOME MISUNDERSTANDING AS TO WHAT I MEAN BY "TRADE ONLY"

I only sell to those, who by virtue of qualifications and/or experience, offer their services on a commercial basis, or to friends or family and carry out work to the relevant standards, usually BS7671. This used to be termed a "Competent Person", but is now termed "Skilled Person(electrically)"

I am happy to deal with anyone who falls within this broad description. Contact me if you not sure regarding this.

SBS Dave

Sorry Dave,

Been on a jolly to a little gig in Wembley.

10mA true 2 pole RCBO's for the medical jobs I do, the spec has changed and it might give me free reign due to the cost of the "branded" versions.