Scam? Scam? You Want A Scam?!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
My son has a F sucessful online business...been doing it for years

So.....

sells a bloke 2 items on 2 separate orders through Amazon

goods received and Bloke says......NOT as described, wants refund

no prob, says son, send em back and we will refund you

bloke gets onto son saying he has not got refund...but he has proof of delivery with my son's signature on it

YES the bloke HAS got proof of delivery WITH my sons signature on it.........BUT

MY SON HAS SIGNED FOR 2 JIFFY BAGS, EACH OF WHICH CONTAIN A NET BAG WITH SOME PLASTIC BITS IN IT

These are not the items that were sent...it was actually staging for a greenhouse

bloke has shown AMAZON P.O.D.

SON HAS SENT amazon A PIC OF EACH PACKAGE ALONG WITH THE CONTENTS....IF YOU PEEL BACK THE SELLOTAPED ON ADDRESS LABEL YOU CAN SEE THE SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS.

Bloke denies it!   say it is nothing to do with him!!!

....and AMAZON?.....they are siding with the bloke and have refunded him from my Son's accountt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so headbang
default_Hits%20the%20fan.gif
now talking of getting Plod involved as it is Fraud!

could get interesting

just waiting

This has happened before on ebay, buyer returns a box containing a house brick, ebay believes he has "returned" the item.

so Amazon is going the way of ebay then, NOT a place to sell anything.

My last straw with ebay was when I sold a FAULT television, clearly advertised as faulty, under the "for spares or not working" category.  the buyer complains because it is faulty. ebay sides with the buyer and says return it. I refund the purchase price but not the postage. buyer disputes it and ebay refunds the postage.  And there's no recourse to challenge this nonsense.  I sell on gumtree now, cash on collection only.

Sorry to hear this :(

How much money are we talking? Also what's the buyers feed back like? Surely if he did this a lot he would get negative feedback Or have a low feedback score from multiple accounts?

Haven't used Amazon in years and if something goes bad its really hard to resolve the problem.

I gave up!

Ebay I don't mind but then again I don't sell much.

Gumtree is owned by eBay now as is Craigslist.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Also what's the buyers feed back like? Surely if he did this a lot he would get negative feedback Or have a low feedback score from multiple accounts?

Ebay I don't mind but then again I don't sell much.

Gumtree is owned by eBay now as is Craigslist.
In the case of ebay, for some years now you have only been able to leave positive feedback for a buyer. It's a long time since you have been able to leave negative feedback and say this "buyer" scammed me.

Yes I know gumtree is owned by ebay, but while it remains local and cash on collection then it's safe.  Gawd help us if gumtree starts insisting on PayPal payment.

Can't you simple add a negative comment in the "free text line" - nothing too nasty, just making a point about the dubious honesty of the buyer?

Can't you simple add a negative comment in the "free text line" - nothing too nasty, just making a point about the dubious honesty of the buyer?
You can, but if the "buyer" complains your bad feedback will be removed.  It's just not playing cricket to tell someone that an ebay buyer is bad.

The only defence you have, is if you get a returns parcel that just looks wrong (wrong size or weight for what should be in it) then refuse to accept it and refuse to sign for it. Then the "buyer" won't have proof of returning it to you, and indeed it will be returned to the "buyer"

So a POD is good enough for Amazon to side with the buyer, could you not send a photo of the package/contents as your defence?

This sounds like Check-a-trade and it all being about 10 out of 10 and dare anyone report a issue......

So the "Feedback" system  has no substance then ....thats not good !      I do tend  to check their feedback , thinking  Oh  98%  positive feed they must be OK  :(  

I wonder if the anominity of the internet gives tossers like this the nerve to try to scam free goods out of someone.  ?     In the way that many spue out vile vitreol on the "Social media" sites  or even comments on Youtube .  I saw a news item of some brave keyboard warrior threatening the daughter of Richard & Judy , the TV couple ,   it was that vile I'd have thought a visit from the police would be in order TBH   .

Only ever had a couple of problems with Ebay / Amazon ,  Mrs Deke ordered two fairly cheap bits of jewellery, only one ever came.   Seller clearly didn't believe us but did send another .

The other was my fault , ordered a DVD for the Missus , clicked the one above , same film but  Region 1  .  Contact seller , if I return this , and pay postage would he swop it for a Region 2  .   He just basically said it was my stupid fault and didn't want to know . 

So a POD is good enough for Amazon to side with the buyer, could you not send a photo of the package/contents as your defence?

This sounds like Check-a-trade and it all being about 10 out of 10 and dare anyone report a issue......
Keep up,at the back....that is what i put in my original,post

SON HAS SENT amazon A PIC OF EACH PACKAGE ALONG WITH THE CONTENTS....IF YOU PEEL BACK THE SELLOTAPED ON ADDRESS LABEL YOU CAn. SEE THE SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS.

Bloke denies it! say it is nothing to do with him!!!

Keep up,at the back....that is what i put in my original,post

SON HAS SENT amazon A PIC OF EACH PACKAGE ALONG WITH THE CONTENTS....IF YOU PEEL BACK THE SELLOTAPED ON ADDRESS LABEL YOU CAn. SEE THE SENDERS NAME AND ADDRESS.

Bloke denies it! say it is nothing to do with him!!!
oops sorry.

How much value are you talking about? How can Amazon discard the photo out of hand?

Maybe your son should write to the Amazon UK MD in person??