Shower

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Notice anything wrong????

Photo0445.jpg

While that is a stupid mistake to make it is also a stupid design by the manufacturers. I hate things that have terminal L-N-E when they are invariably going to be connected to 6242Y cables.

And also, is that 6mm on a 10.5kW?

While that is a stupid mistake to make it is also a stupid design by the manufacturers. I hate things that have terminal L-N-E when they are invariably going to be connected to 6242Y cables. And also, is that 6mm on a 10.5kW?
very good

Would this also be the 3.43mm cable in a 20A JB or did someone just have a drum of 6mm and no idea so shoved it a seemingly random fashion at various points around the house?

They couldnt figure out why the RCD kept tripping ?:|

Yeah same wiring off the that JB and yes 10.5kw mate thats how we had the JB as we ripped it out.

Took some finding the other thread, thought both of these were in the 'Black Museum' bit.

no, it says 230-9.6 kw
so it does.

but am i right in thinking thats nearly 42 amps, so should really be on a 45 or 50 amp breaker, so prob should still be 10mm. and 42 amps is pushing 6mm.

correct me if i am wrong though:)

And the BIG one missed is the incoming neutral and earth wrongly connected along as someone has said no earth sleeving.
I can't believe that no-one saw that. I will have to look at the thread and see that for myself. :eek:

And surely those Live busbars should have covers on them too? Or have they been removed?

I can't believe that no-one saw that. I will have to look at the thread and see that for myself. :eek: And surely those Live busbars should have covers on them too? Or have they been removed?
Thought that was strange - it WAS picked up on. ;)

I think there is a transparent cover that clips on or is screwed on to cover the busbars and the terminals.

Latest posts