So who's watching the olympics?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our media has surprisingly made good wraps about the olympics and the way it was handled. they even gave wraps to the thought process of the London Olympic design team. Specifically the value adding to the East End where the infrastucutre is to remain and the beautification of the area.

Trust me you dont see to many cudos coming from our media. so job well done.

We're good at screwing things up here , but not in this case, I think they did a great job . I was immpressed with the sportsmanship between the different countries too . 'cept the French of course but you expect that .

Making "Good wraps" must be an Aussie phrase that has't reached here yet!!!

I think we're OK with most of them :-

1. You are called Bruce.

2. Crook.... a bit ill ??

3. Fair Dinkum.

4. " Call that a knife.....this is a knife " ;) ; )

I missed what the french did. What happened?

Good wraps = positive remarks

I dont get the "Bruce" thing Evan.

We all know that 90% of Australian men are called Bruce, and 90% of Australian women are called Sheila.

We visited Australia many yeas ago to visit Mrs PD's Sister and hew new Husband, well actually we went there for the wedding.

My nightmare was her Husband was meeting us at the Airport, and his name was Bruce (yes really it was) And I was expecting to walk up to a stranger and ask "are you Bruce?" and get a slap.

Well you have to have a laugh at that if that.

I went to trade school with a Bruce. He was a dick.

Also in my non committal days my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend Bruce, who ended not really being a threat as he went gay. :slap

The only two Bruces i know.

our media has surprisingly made good wraps about the olympics and the way it was handled. they even gave wraps to the thought process of the London Olympic design team. Specifically the value adding to the East End where the infrastucutre is to remain and the beautification of the area.Trust me you dont see to many cudos coming from our media. so job well done.
Knowing that area & the things that live there it wont be long till they bring down the new stuff to there own low standards

I missed what the french did. What happened?Good wraps = positive remarks

The Bruce thing I picked up from a Monty Python sketch , bit like all Englishmen wear bowler hats and talk like upper clarss public school twonks etc.

The French said we had "special" wheels on the race bicycles because we seemed to cover them up as soon as the race was over .

Last edited by a moderator:
.....The French said we had "special" wheels on the race bicycles because we seemed to cover them up as soon as the race was over .
Let me guess! you kept it hidden from the track officials as well.

There was some talk down here about the Chinese swimmers taking some undetectable shenannigans juice. Not that it was an excuse for the lack of medals from our swimmers. My view is our media falsely raised our expectations. Im sure every athlete gives 110%. its just one big circle. Just like how we will be back on top of the cricket next year:run. So will our swimmers one day.

An American swimming coach questioned the legitimacy of a 15 year old Chinese girls swim after she smashed her PB and won gold. Within days an American girl did the same, to my knowledge he didn't raise the same concerns or retract his earlier statement.

Incidentally, we will be stronger at cricket for a while yet until ACB change their approach. You were world beaters for so long you forgot to develop your game sufficiently. You will be back though but hopefully not too soon. ; -)

An American swimming coach questioned the legitimacy of a 15 year old Chinese girls swim after she smashed her PB and won gold. Within days an American girl did the same, to my knowledge he didn't raise the same concerns or retract his earlier statement.
You think the Chinese gave the Yanks some of their monkey juice? ;)

Many pubs and restaurants you can now order your steak 'Australian Gold'. It comes very rare...........

......Many pubs and restaurants you can now order your steak 'Australian Gold'. It comes very rare...........
Everyone plays well in there backyard. It is nothing new. As mentioned earlier, Expectations are always high. I dont think Aus went that bad. I recall that the chief of the AOC said something along the lines that excluding our major medal winning discipline(swimming) normally. Things were not too bad. i accept that.

Wait for Rio. The honeymoon will be over then:pray.

I think it would be good to express the medals per 10million population or similar. China (by the very nature of lots of people) is far more likely to have more top athletes than we are or Auz.

...Incidentally, we will be stronger at cricket for a while yet ......(maybe not as long as you think;) )......until ACB change their approach. You were world beaters for so long you forgot to develop your game sufficiently. You will be back though but hopefully not too soon. ; -)

Isn't that the noise that Skippy used to make when he was telling of people trapped in the Old Mine?
ihavent seen that show in 30 something years. Does it rate up there with neighbors?

that is one thing i like about you guys. Your humour. It cannot be matched:worship

Jopo you must develop a sense of humour to live here , middle of summer ...weather .... pi$$ing down here .

Income tax @ 20%

VAT @ 20%

Petrol/diesel tax @ nobody knows.

Immigration ......uncontrolled .

Benefit scroungers ....uncontrolled.

Yer gorra laff Cobber !! :^O :^O:tongue in cheek:tongue in cheek:tongue in cheek

Now then ....lets see.... wheres that Ten Pound Pom Ticket gone ?

Latest posts