Solar Edge quote - eek

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

up_north

Reaction score
I’ve received a quote for 8 x Trina Vertex S+ 415w panels, 8 x Solar Edge optimisers and a Solar Edge 3.6kw inverter. I’ve priced these at Midsummer and it comes to £3000. The quote, excluding scaffolding, is £7400. Scaffolding quoted at £800.

Additionally, the 10kw/h Solar Edge battery was quoted at £7100.

While I like the sound of the equipment, it’s just too expensive for me,

how is a 3.6kW inverter too smal for 3.32kWp of panels?
Because it has 8 batteries behind it too. 3.6kW, switch the kettle and toaster on youre importing from the grid, ditto immersion heater plus anything else. With 6kW youre. in with a fighting chance and with more even better. Why is a bigger inverter not a good idea?

EDIT - Sorry, scrap that I had another thread in mind with batteries. No point in a bigger inverter!

the battery is £5,632 + vat and delivery. Inverter, although I selected the EV unit as my wholesaler doesn't have the hybrid in stock come in at £3372 + vat with the rails, so perhaps not as bad as you might think, if that had included the scaffold. Roughly £3.5k for installation plus scaffolding is a bit steep.

the battery is £5,632 + vat and delivery. Inverter, although I selected the EV unit as my wholesaler doesn't have the hybrid in stock come in at £3372 + vat with the rails, so perhaps not as bad as you might think, if that had included the scaffold. Roughly £3.5k for installation plus scaffolding is a bit steep.
There is no VAT payable on solar installs.

Latest posts