Split load board conforms to 17th...?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for doing compliant jobs but 12 Months ago loads of circuits would be fitted with no RCD's and no-one was even in the slightest bit concerned. I realise this is about fitting to the 17th edition and whether it should or shouldn;t have been and who is responsible if something goes wrong, but if someone else fitted a 16th edition board then that's down to them, can;t see anything that makes it unsafe or dangerous, just that if something happens then they need to explain their actions. Wouldn;t bother me too much if I came across a 16th edition board, my own 16th edition boards at home are staying as they are.

Anyway, I believe this thread has probably run its course now as there is still too much of a grey area there and people will always have different opinions on the grey parts. The only real way this thread will go now is not a good place (in fact probably a Sf place) so I think I will leave it there. Merry Xmas.

Ian.
You are probably right in your observation there Ian as ChrisK appears to have had his points suitably discussed and was satisfied at post#41.

Thanks for all the replies regarding my original question. Ive been away for a while so havent posted. Its nice to have a cordial debate, unlike the sf forum!.. [-CUT-] ..

When i mentioned the upstairs flat he said this was not designated a dwelling by the owner so he didnt treat it as one.

In my quote for the works requested, ive gone for replacing the mcb to rcbo on the lighting circuit ill be working on. Just to satisfy my own concerns.

Once again thanks for the discussion!
Although it is very good to see constructive debate, this thread could well just end up getting too long to be of benefit to anyone, as many things are a case of personal interpretation and application of the various rules and regulations. Which could be debated with no precise right or wrong answers, so may be best left as-is for now and pick up any related topics on new threads again later.

Once again Merry Christmas to all of our forum members.

Doc H.

Status
Not open for further replies.