static caravan supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicspark

Reaction score
Hi chaps

a customer asked me to connect his static caravan, which is in his garden, to his house. I went for a look today and came away with a few questions, some of which I think i have answers for

Firstly, would i be right in thinking that this is not a special location as it is not on a campsite and will be hard wired?

Secondly, he is digging a trench to put water pipes in, (alkathene - the caravan is plumbed all in plastic) and he wants to bury an armoured cable in the same trench. What distance between cable and the pipe? what should go on top?

Thirdly what size cable for a 50m submain from house CU to caravan CU, taking into account diversity and voltage drop. The caravan has a kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living room. I would allow perhaps 10A with diversity for the Kitchen (kettle and microwave) on a 16A breaker. Perhaps 3 5A for the rest, including lights. from the tables in the BRB I reckoned either 4mm or 6mm armoured

would still need to be wired as a caravan - i.e must be TT or TNS. not TNCS

they can go in the same duct. just think of all those water/gas pipes, telecom & power all inches away from each other under the front path

no prob with exporting TNS

hard wired or plugged in, if its metallic shell, then with TNCS there may be a voltage difference between the building and the ground your standing on