Timed Small Works And The Crimping Company

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Northern ,   I've come across them too. 

Many , many years ago  , ( am I starting too many posts off with this?)   I graduated on to" the tools "  as they called it .   The firm I was with carried a huge number of apprentices and many of us moved on  after a year or so.  

A mate went to a well known firm in this area that did all the big housing jobs and high rise flats for the council ,  blue eyed boys doing all the price work on the new builds , my mate was on  fault finding .     " Fault finding "!!! Says I .      Yes none of the houses could be handed over without fault finding , two ways not working ,  cables nailed , open rings , heating cables missing ,  you name it . 

Thing was , a Sparks back then , took home about £25  / 40 hour week  ( Sounds daft but quite good money then)  as my mate did. 

The speed wonder blue eyed boys were 1st fixing a house /day  @ £10.00    and working 7 days per week so £70 ./ week   .  Back then a fortune !!  All driving round in brand new cars , with someone following you round , putting all your jobs right ,  Site foreman cracking the whip all day .

Only difference thesedays (apart from life been in colour  :lol: ) is even the blue eyed boys are on a poor rate which leads to even rougher work, localish medium sized firm from round here does new builds for a large award winning house builder and the were advertising for time served sparks with 2391 to 1st fix 2nd fix and test houses for between £8.50 and £10.00 an hour and bonus depending on monthly performance (how many houses you've thrown cable at)  :shakehead

I'm happy starting out on my owns slowly taking off as being on the books is only going one way 

Latest posts