Two DNO supply cables in the same head?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have it? If you do post it - some people might think twice that way!
I wish I did still have it, many of my mates have commented on it in the past but none of us can find the picture.

It happened around 1979 or 1980 and could be lost forever.

We had another one with a finger laying on the floor, he forgot to take it with him to hospital :)

OK.......

Lets get a few things straight here;

kme;

how dare you assume I opened/dismantled that service cut-out!

Can you highlight in my OP exactly where it states I personally carried out that task?

As a responsible, fully qualified electrician I was horrified to see what my friend had done and calmly explained the serious and potentially lethal mistake he had made in doing what he had done.

I did not think it was necessary to include all of that in my OP, I thought I was among friends and equally horrified professional electricians on here.

I shall await your public appology.

Lurch;

Further to my above (rather angry) comments.

I posted the photos of what I thought was an unusual situation because I believed this forum was for like-minded, intelligent, professional people to request advice from more experienced individuals. When I now look through the replies my OP has recieved, I am beginning to think this forum is degenerating into that terrible Sc###fix forum I hoped we had got away from.

To those of you who replied at face value to my OP, thank you.

To those of you that just want to argue and score points off an innocent question, I am very dissapointed and may I suggest you try an alternative forum for like minded people.

bigs.

Lurch;Further to my above (rather angry) comments.

I posted the photos of what I thought was an unusual situation because I believed this forum was for like-minded, intelligent, professional people to request advice from more experienced individuals. When I now look through the replies my OP has recieved, I am beginning to think this forum is degenerating into that terrible Sc###fix forum I hoped we had got away from.
Can you point out exactly where it was I said directly I was referring to you?

Just settle down, I like a good rant as much as the next headcase, but try not to overdo it.

OK.......kme;

how dare you assume I opened/dismantled that service cut-out!
Keep yer hair on, FCOL! I ASSUME you did it, because you post those pictures, without any indication as to why the cutout was in that situation. I could not envisage "Joe Bloggs" pulling a cutout to bits, then calling his mate the sparky to look at it.

I shall await your public appology.
Then wait you shall. I believe my response was perfectly acceptable and understandable, given the preamble and information you provided with the pictures.

For what it may be worth:

I`m sorry you felt you had to come back to the thread and have a rant at other members, because they didn`t intuitively know that your friend had opened the service head. Maybe it would have been better to presume we wouldn`t know, and tell us anyway. No one would have accused you of too much information.

KME

Biggles - calm down. That sort of rant is not acceptable here.

KME - don't give him the satisfaction and reply, he'll just argue.

Lurch - good man for calming things down

Admin 2 - can you pop the kettle on?

:|

I have seen this alot in forums , the problems is with reading words typed you cannot see someone smile when they type , or hear them laughing as they reply. We are after all adults here ( I use the term loosely) (joking), for the most some if not all come on here after a hard days works and like to catch up with friends collegues and see/read what they have been upto that day.

If someone really means to offend it is so easy to do with out being face to face, and after all most of what is posted here is 1 individuals views/interpretation of the regs/rules. That is where this forum really helps, hell Ive asked what some might say are "stupid questions" but it was interesting to see that everyone does things differant, there is no right or wrong in alot of issues just differant views, to a newbie like myself that information is invaulable, and I thank all those that share their knowledge with me.

Have fun guys, the world is a depressing place enough.

I have seen this alot in forums , the problems is with reading words typed you cannot see someone smile when they type , or hear them laughing as they reply. We are after all adults here ( I use the term loosely) (joking), for the most some if not all come on here after a hard days works and like to catch up with friends collegues and see/read what they have been upto that day.If someone really means to offend it is so easy to do with out being face to face, and after all most of what is posted here is 1 individuals views/interpretation of the regs/rules. That is where this forum really helps, hell Ive asked what some might say are "stupid questions" but it was interesting to see that everyone does things differant, there is no right or wrong in alot of issues just differant views, to a newbie like myself that information is invaulable, and I thank all those that share their knowledge with me.

Here here!

I have seen this alot in forums , the problems is with reading words typed you cannot see someone smile when they type , or hear them laughing as they reply. We are after all adults here ( I use the term loosely) (joking), for the most some if not all come on here after a hard days works and like to catch up with friends collegues and see/read what they have been upto that day.If someone really means to offend it is so easy to do with out being face to face, and after all most of what is posted here is 1 individuals views/interpretation of the regs/rules. That is where this forum really helps, hell Ive asked what some might say are "stupid questions" but it was interesting to see that everyone does things differant, there is no right or wrong in alot of issues just differant views, to a newbie like myself that information is invaulable, and I thank all those that share their knowledge with me.

well I started reading this...

then my head hurt..

then my brain stopped..

then Patch said Admin2 had the kettle on..

so I will have a coffee white no sugar please!Blushing

and "Stupid Questions"

any one else wearing blue pants? :D :pBlushingGuinness] :)

what ws the question again???

O R THM TALES LUKD SMALL 2 ME!!!!

shouting text anyone??????? :eek: ] :) ; \ :p

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Yep, this is what I've been saying for years. No-one listens though, word obviously hasn;t filtered through yet.

well I started reading this...then my head hurt..

tell the missus im sorry and pass the asperin

then my brain stopped..

infact tell her to call an ambulance

then Patch said Admin2 had the kettle on..

so I will have a coffee white no sugar please!Blushing

I dont drink tea or coffee headbang

and "Stupid Questions"

any one else wearing blue pants? :D :pBlushingGuinness] :)

Black actually ROTFWL

what ws the question again???

O R THM TALES LUKD SMALL 2 ME!!!!

shouting text anyone??????? :eek: ] :) ; \ :p

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL
Sorry had to comment Guinness Guinness have a few on me

Blinking Heck.

I only read the first page Last Night and was called away.

Biggles, I have looked through - and TBH, I don't appreciate that way of talking on this forum.

Lurch and Niceguy do tend to get carried away, but not as bad as your outburst. If they did, they would be dealt with.

In fact, after reading a couple of their posts, I was going to contact them - Until I read further on.

I know you said that you felt that you shouldn't need to include information in your OP like that. But; being an experienced forum member (As you referred to SF fourm - and we are nothing like them by the way) - You know, in your heart of hearts that you SHOULD Have included info like that.

Quite correct that people shouldn't assume that you did it. But I didn't see anywhere that directly accused you of actually doing it?

I am now re-instating "mr smith's" warning thread back on as it is needed - and I was obviously WRONG to pull it down for thinking everyone got the message.

I want and will have this forum back to the good old friendly place it was set up to be! And I won't have it any other way.

Healthy debate Yes - Carp NO! I don't care who it is, the same applies. (the older forum members know this and they also know that they aren't immune too).

Thank you for your calming influence Admin.

I've had a much better day in work today and after re-reading my over sensative rant last night, I think I may need to actually read what I write before hitting the 'send' button in future.

To anyone I offended, I will mind my Ps & Qs in future.

bigs

Hi chaps,

Feeding the light outside? I'd think so. But just to muddy the waters, doesn't split concentric only have 2 conductors, live and neutral, which is the left hand cable. The other smaller one has 3, insulated live and neutral and bare earth, making it straight concentric. Either way, can't see the small cable daisychaining to next door's meter.

Regards

But just to muddy the waters, doesn't split concentric only have 2 conductors, live and neutral, which is the left hand cable. The other smaller one has 3, insulated live and neutral and bare earth, making it straight concentric. Either way, can't see the small cable daisychaining to next door's meter.
Wrong way round, split concentric = 3 conductors, concentric = 2.

Think about it, concentric cable 2 conductors, split con, due to the fact the concentric is split into 2, so those plus the centre = 3.

Stuart,

You're completely correct. In my defence, I've not used the stuff in years, had one eye on the telly, and haven't had a beer yet!

Regards

Latest posts